Contribute
Register

What Monitor or Display Do You Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dual NEC PA301Ws. Truly an awesome setup for editing landscape photographs on over 50" of horizontal screen real estate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Triple Dell U2212HM in portrait mode.

perfect for programming..

I Use LG 3D Monitor D2342P with Apple LED Cinema Display 27.

Currently on a single Samsung 2433BW but
discussing whether to
- get another one just like it (just to NOT have color issues), cheap, and get a 68xx gfx card from powercolor for instance.... or
- get an LG IPS panel but 27" single monitor but lower res however with local warranty and drive it with my gf210 or
- get a Shimian or Catleap 27" and hope it gets here in one piece etc. with a better resolution though, or here comes my trump card:
- get a Samsung P2770HD Monitor/TV, it gets excellent scores in the labs...

Choices choices

But I want some more desktop space when running Final Cut Pro X etc. It gets a bit small for my eyes on 1920x1080 on the 24" although that may sound not believable but FCPX takes a lot of real estates. And running it with two monitors may be cool...but I hardly have the table space for 2.... hmmm...

I'm tending to favor the LG IPS panel, is anyone using it and how are the color reproductions? Need good colors as I work with LightRoom etc. Anyone?

Attachments

• Samsung_2433BW_02.jpg
    Samsung_2433BW_02.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 1,986
I have a short question, hope some of you have the knowledge.

This week Im gonna build my first hacknintosh. I want to use it for video editing primaraly. Some gaming would be nice. I do not have a big budget. I live in Holland and I've found two really cool occasions.

Dell Ultrasharp U2312 HM (23") €140,- ($183,-)
Dell Ultrasharp U2311 H (23") €100,- ($131,-)

The fifty dollars shouldn't really be a problem. I just want to know what the best screen is.

The difference is that the 2311 is CCFL backlit and the 2312 is LED backlit.
I read that LED backlight screens produce more blue light, but are more power efficient. Whilst the CCFL backlights screens lose brightness after some time (like, after 8 months a clear decrease), but are better for the eyes.

Does anyone know more about CCFL vs LED?

Other suggestions for monitors are always welcome.

Thanks!

From my experience LED Monitors last longer and has more of an even lighting due to multiple LED's lighting the monitor. The blue tint is not really that big of a problem as you can calibrate the monitor later. I say go for the LED monitor.

I just purchased an Auria EQ276W 27" IPS LED monitor from Micro Center for $399. http://www.microcenter.com/product/384780/EQ276W_27_IPS_LED_Monitor
Comes with VGA, DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort connections and can run up to 2560X1440. Even has built in speaker although they are so so. Regardless, I am super thrilled with this monitor! Best $399 I've spent in a long time.

Attachments

• IMG_9823.jpg
    IMG_9823.jpg
    945.2 KB · Views: 373
I Use 2 x 27" iMacs connected to an Apple HD5770 via MDP and a HP 23" via DVI

Please forgive going OT, but you, sir, just made me very happy. I am working on my first build right now and have been hoping I would get to use my 27" iMac as the monitor. Any trouble getting it set up?

I just purchased an Auria EQ276W 27" IPS LED monitor from Micro Center for $399. http://www.microcenter.com/product/384780/EQ276W_27_IPS_LED_Monitor
Comes with VGA, DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort connections and can run up to 2560X1440. Even has built in speaker although they are so so. Regardless, I am super thrilled with this monitor! Best $399 I've spent in a long time.

I just purchased one of these from MicroCenter, too. Unboxed and plugged it into one of the Thunderbolt ports on my GA-Z77X-UP5 TH for the first time earlier this evening. It is an amazing display for $399. It was nice to get an inexpensive 2560x1440 display from someone with stores in the U.S.

-bth

May I ask what the preferred resolution is for a Hackintosh? Movies are 1080p, games look also well at 1080p so I guess that’s a good native resolution. Why is it 2560*1440 the Mac displays have? The writing is quite small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back