1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi !

Currently i am using a old Uniclass 4-Port VGA KVM-Switch, but this piece of crap is making me sick.
(Because in 90 percent of all Switches to the other PC´s it loses the connection of my Belkin Bluetooth Dongle)

So i am thinking now of buying this one:
http://www.amazon.de/dp/B004UID5TG/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

But i want to know if this switch works ....

What KVM-Switches do you use ? Is there a cheaper / better one like this ?

Hi !

Currently i am using a old Uniclass 4-Port VGA KVM-Switch, but this piece of crap is making me sick.
(Because in 90 percent of all Switches to the other PC´s it loses the connection of my Belkin Bluetooth Dongle)

So i am thinking now of buying this one:
http://www.amazon.de/dp/B004UID5TG/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

But i want to know if this switch works ....

What KVM-Switches do you use ? Is there a cheaper / better one like this ?

drwhy

I have a HP 4 port switch w sound ( sound dont work)
What ever switch you have make sure that you get the power brick for it - powered KVMs work better

ALso you need to get one w DVI ports not VGA - of course this means your Video cards have DVI ports
Apple left the VGA standard back in 10.5.

The IOGear company has a nice one but its expensive for a 4 port - but if you need a 2 port then many should work - just make sure that they work w macs not many do ...
and don't when you hook em up.

I am an installer and use KVM Switches all the time. I have quiet a few of KVMSwitchTech's Cat5 KVM Switch solutions and they work very well.

For future readers of this thread, I recommend the IOGear KVM DVI/USB switches. I have two. I've also used and threw out/sold Belkin KVM switches which IMO don't work as advertised. Later this year, I will be upgrading to dual monitors and an IOGear KVM switch to handle the dual monitors.

For future readers of this thread, I recommend the IOGear KVM DVI/USB switches. I have two. I've also used and threw out/sold Belkin KVM switches which IMO don't work as advertised. Later this year, I will be upgrading to dual monitors and an IOGear KVM switch to handle the dual monitors.

+1 on the IOGear - I have a Model GCS932UB and it works great. You have to have a DVI-D on the computer side which may be a problem on some main boards. Look carefully at the system requirements before buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back