Contribute
Register

What is your background that draws you to Hackintoshing?

What is your background that draws you to Hackintoshing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that I missed from the days of fooling with Windows machines was building them. I loved make a working computer out of a pile of parts. They were great until you started up the OS... You could upgrade to your heart's content. Then I discovered Macs and all my IT problems went away, but I missed the tinkering. Now I have it all, I can tinker and run the best OS!

I decided to make a Hackintosh because i wanted a new Mac, but i also wanted to be able to play games and get more power out of my 1100 bucks. Plus I'm a geek, making a Hackintosh gave me an excuse to mess with more electronics.

I have grown up using multiple OS's, OS7,8,9 , DOS, Windows 95-7, Red Hat Linux, etc. My uncle got me into computers at an early age, as he would frequently monitor our systems remotely. I would be his eyes and ears when he and my dad did memory upgrades and the like. Soon, I started assisting with these projects, and setting up new machines for my parents business.

I then took a PC hardware class in high school, and been hooked ever since. I was in love with macs since we first got our dual g4 mirror door mac. The most gorgeous, functional machine ever. I just recently got into hackintoshing as of lately, and am hooked. Nothing like the feeling of getting one working after days of struggling. :)

Well, I am an experienced hacker from Canada (moved 6 years ago from Russia). I worked in the University of Alberta with my friends, developed a motherboard that started on fire on first attempt. And well I'm a tinkerer and a geek. I need not say more.

Wanted to prove to myself that I could build a fullly finctional computer after reading for three months here on the forum. I came from Windows but I hated the software for video editing and photography [beginning amateur] until I kept seeing most people in these fields had a mac that I could not afford until I came across a hackintosh video on Youtube. Eventually I ended up here... :geek:

Got old pc compatible hardware for mac so i made one :p

But after using it i luv it and thinking of making an pro hackintosh

Systems Administrator by day, long time guitarist by night. I prefer the tools available to me on Mac OS, with the hardware cheap-ness of PC. I've been pulling stuff apart as long as I can remember. I don't like to have to constantly tweak something once it's online. But I love the thrill of the hack getting it up and running the first time. I made MANY attempts at a working hackintosh, but was never successful until iBoot / Multi-Beast.

Thanks, tonymacx86!

:headbang:

Im a designer / front end developer and in my industry everywhere uses macs.

I fought for ages that pc's were just as good but eventually gave in and bought a mac. Now i have both, plus i used to game when i was younger and have a professional background in IT so I love to do geeky projects and this was right up my alley.

Plus I dont want to pay that much money for a machine thats not really a good spec. Also I wanted to play diablo 3 and my old imac wasn't up to scratch and i didn't want to pay £1500 for a new one. But really i need OSX as im so used to it now.

Live video production. I'm using my Hackintosh with Telestream Wirecast as a live 4 channel HD switcher (Think TriCaster 455 but for $3000 instead of $20k). No Mac Pro fit the spec (Not enough PCI-e slots). Using a 6870 and taking a fullscreen output from Wirecast via HDMI. Never skips a beat.

i'm no geek... i just like tinkering on computers, when it's not broken i'll break it just to fix it again hahaha... crazy ha.... been trying almost all os i can just to see which one is the best and to see if i can follow instructions. now i have an hackintosh i just want all it's hardware to work 100% just like a real mac... and mostly, i cannot afford a real mac...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back