Contribute
Register

What is the difference Between Chameleon and Chimera????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
z390 designare
CPU
i7 9700k
Graphics
ATI 560
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Portable
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi , What is the ''exact'' difference Between The Latest Chameleon and the Latest Chimera? which one supports more Graphic Cards? Perhaps is a dumb question, but i was asking to my self.............. thnx !

short of it is, chimera is a version of chameleon. thats a basic look at it, of course.

chameleon is open source, meaning anyone can make their own changes to it. that might be adding support for cards, removing features etc etc. chimera is a 'branch' of chameleon

chimera, afaik, is the most up to date branch, and has the most support for graphics cards.

If I wanted the cleanest installation of OS X which would be better to use? Or does it make a difference at all? I ask because I want to edit my dsdt and don't want additional kexts to interfere. I dont even know if that makes a difference though.

sirbazz said:
samisnake said:
chimera, afaik, is the most up to date branch, and has the most support for graphics cards.
I don't think thats strictly true.

As of right now, azimutz had the most "up to date" branch and Chimera is 24 days old.

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chame ... D/branches

how do you come to the conclusion that azimutz's is more up to date than chimera, based purely on the fact that chimera is 24 days old?

looks like azimutz is newer branch ? or am i reading that wrong

But which one is the cleanest in terms of installation and coding? Also, which one is lighter?

I believe MacMan on site here and Tony moved to using Chimera. I would say it should be the cleanest since they are working with it.

I have seen various posts on both with random issues though

Although initiatives are to be commended, and the work the guys have done is remarkable, my experience is that the new one is not problem-free yet.
Chameleon as included in beast 3.8 works flawlessly, but I've had quite a few issues witht he latest Chimera.

Keep in mind, however, that this Hackintosh lark is essentially an enthusiasts project, so certain allowances have to be made :headbang:

samisnake said:
sirbazz said:
samisnake said:
I don't think thats strictly true.

As of right now, azimutz had the most "up to date" branch and Chimera is 24 days old.

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chame ... D/branches

how do you come to the conclusion that azimutz's is more up to date than chimera, based purely on the fact that chimera is 24 days old?
I wouldn't dare make any conclusions based only on the fact that Chimera was 24 days old, (at the time of my post). But at the time, azimutz's branch was only a few days old, making it the newest version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back