Contribute
Register

What is the Correct format for Dual ATI CARDS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X58A-OC
CPU
i7-950
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I've currently got two XFX 5870's on a GA-X58-OC board. I've always used the standard DSDT from Tonymac's site. But I've just bought a AV reciever and when using this with my Hack I don't get Audio because I'm limited to HDMI/Optical connections and this board doesn't have anything except HDMI. So I decided to try editing my DSDT to allow HDMI audio.

I followed a great guide which allowed me to get one graphic card setup and recognized correctly and the HDMI works. But I can't find any help on inserting another card into my DSDT.

I did try myself but my System Profile shows both cards in the PCI slot 1 and the PCIe width as x8 instead of x16.

I will paste my dsdt edit later cause I'm in work at the moment but basically its something like.

PCI0
PEGP
GFX0
PEG0
GFX0
HDAU

Any help would be appreciated or it would be great if anyone could show me a guide for dual ATI cards. Cause i don't know the difference between PEGP/PEGO/POP1 lol.

I've attached my dsdt edit and screenshot of System Report.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSDT_EDITS.txt
    5.5 KB · Views: 105
  • Screen Shot 2014-02-14 at 17.44.11.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-02-14 at 17.44.11.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 124
Thanks Toleda, its now a little different from the screenshot above I've completly removed my edits for the second card. The mac is reporting it as a 5000 series.

Attachments

• PoollooP.ioreg
    2.4 MB · Views: 67
I can't find any help on inserting another card into my DSDT.
I did try myself but my System Profile shows both cards in the PCI slot 1 and the PCIe width as x8 instead of x16.
Lane capabilty is function of the slot used. Verify slot capability in the manual. Assuming @3 and @5 are x16 slots, suggest:
PEG3@3
GFX0​
onboard-1​
HDAU​
onboard-1​
PEG5@5
GFX0​
onboard-2​
HDAU​
onboard-2

Method (_DSM, .... is fine for GFX0/Uakari

Ok i found out how to edit your PCI Slots, for me the code is

Device (PEG5)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00050000)
Name (_STA, 0x0F)
Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
{
0x09,
0x05
})
Device (GFX0)
{
Name (_ADR, Zero)
Name (_SUN, 0x02) -------02 = PCI Slot 2
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

Now i just need to figure out what to add/change for the Lane width x16 issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back