AMD Radeon HD 6870 1024 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Sorry if this is not the right forum,

I have everything installed and working, what I would like to do is make a back-up incase i really mess this up, is there any advice on what is the best way?

Chris

UKchris said:
Sorry if this is not the right forum,

I have everything installed and working, what I would like to do is make a back-up incase i really mess this up, is there any advice on what is the best way?

Chris
clone the drive to another drive, whether platter, ssd or flash (Ihave a 16Gb flash drive with OSX Lion cloned to it for repair purposes) doesn't matter.
SuperDuper or CarbonClopCloner both work well. Once cloned, install Chimera to the clone drive to make it bootable.

^^^

Just what Going Bald said.
I have the same thing going on with all mentioned above and I use CCC out of that list.

Thanks for that, I will give CCC a go

I thought you need the OS installed before you could use time machine?

UKchris said:
I thought you need the OS installed before you could use time machine?
Maybe so...I've never restored from TM but I would assume you could boot from the Lion install thumbdrive if needed.
Going Bald said:
Once cloned, install Chimera to the clone drive to make it bootable.
Are there instructions on how to do this? Forum search isn't very helpful in this case as Chimera yields too many results.

you may want to make a new post for that, If you do can you post a link to it on here

FZ1 said:
Going Bald said:
Once cloned, install Chimera to the clone drive to make it bootable.
Are there instructions on how to do this? Forum search isn't very helpful in this case as Chimera yields too many results.
MultiBeast - select Chimera under bootloaders and install
Chimera standalone installer - download from viewforum.php?f=125 and run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back