Contribute
Register

What is the best hackintosh-compatible Graphics Card money can buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI B75MA-P45
CPU
Intel 3570k
Graphics
Geforce GTX 680
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

What is the best hackintosh-compatible Graphics Card money can buy right now?

AMD Radeon HD6870 with five ports.

Hi guys,

What is the best hackintosh-compatible Graphics Card money can buy right now?

Depends on what you mean by "Best".

An nVidia 680 is the most powerful. A nVidia 670 is probably the best buy if you want a powerful card. The AMD are the best if you want to use more than 2 monitors off of a single card. nVidia cards are the best for some Adobe software, but the AMDs are better at others. A 580 is the best consumer level card for double precision CUDA work. A Quadro is the best for CAD/3D work.

Depends on what you mean by "Best".

An nVidia 680 is the most powerful. A nVidia 670 is probably the best buy if you want a powerful card. The AMD are the best if you want to use more than 2 monitors off of a single card. nVidia cards are the best for some Adobe software, but the AMDs are better at others. A 580 is the best consumer level card for double precision CUDA work. A Quadro is the best for CAD/3D work.

I think I'm going to go with GTX 680. I'm buying it for After Effects and gaming - I hope it will work great.
Any advice on what brand I should get?

Thanks!

I think I'm going to go with GTX 680. I'm buying it for After Effects and gaming - I hope it will work great.
Any advice on what brand I should get?

Thanks!

ASUS Gigabyte or MSI

I'd recommend a Gigabyte GTX 670 WindForce OC. That's what I'm using in Mountain Lion and it's working great, games and videos run smooth.

I think I'll go with MSI GTX 680 :)

Thanks everyone!

The fact is a GTX680 is just slightly more powerful than a GTX670 (maybe 5 to 10%), but costs 20% more. The latter is definitely the more sensible choice.

I'm tempted by the Gigabyte Windforce as well.
Reference GTX670 are louder than 680, so a a good aftermarket cooling makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back