Contribute
Register

What is relationship between FakeCPUID and Performance on X99 Board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
CPU
Core i7-4790
Graphics
GeForce GTX 980 (PNY)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I have been experimenting with KGP's awesome guide for setting up X99-based systems (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ill-tridentz-aorus-gtx-1080-ti-xtreme.211621/ This guide really should be given top billing on TonyMac because it's the best high-performance HackPro you can build!).

Anyway, I have been running Sierra on X99 for about 6 months with good results using other recipes on tonymacx86.com, but following KGP's guide gave me a big boost in performance, and allowed my systems to work with 10-core (i7 Extreme) and 12-core (E5-2690 v3) CPUs, which I was never able to do when I was following other guides.

One thing that have have learned in my most recent experiments is that the FakeCPUID that I configure in Clover has a huge impact on performance. For instance, if I use the FakeCPUID suggested for Haswell-E processors (0x0306F0), Geekbench shows me a score of about 3000 for a single core of my 12-core 2.6 Ghz E5-2690. On the other hand, if I use the FakeCPUID suggested for Broadwell-E processors (0x040674), I get a score of about 4100 for a single core. Results for multicore are slightly better if I use the Broadwell-E code (score of 33,500) versus if I use the Haswell-E code (score of 32,000).

My question is, what is the relationship between the FakeCPUID and performance? Why do both FakeCPUID's work? Is there a good primer/guide that explains how to get the best performance out of a Hackintosh?

For my applications, I'm not very worried about having sleep work, and I don't mind disabling SpeedStep in the BIOS. I just want the best possible performance while the system is running, and then I shut it off when I'm not using it.

Would love to get some feedback here!

Regards,
AndrewL7332

My question is, what is the relationship between the FakeCPUID and performance? Why do both FakeCPUID's work? Is there a good primer/guide that explains how to get the best performance out of a Hackintosh?
I’d love to know this aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back