Motherboard
Asus CG8500
CPU
i7
Graphics
GTX 560 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
This is my very first post and I have looked around the forums to my question but I wasn't able to find the exact specifics that I need. This is my very first windows/mac dual boot project and that is what I am trying to achieve. I'm reaching out to the more advanced builders and experienced people. I'm currently running Win 10 as of now and bought a separate SSD to install a macOS on. Before I invest time and energy into this. I'm wanting to get the best recommendations on what OS I should choose , if my hardware will be up for the task and my best plan of attack. I'll be honest I'm not ready to bang my head on the keyboard for hours. I've been there and done that. I've read a few different tutorials and some seem to be a little different to the next. My hardware was some of the best at its time in 2011. Ive recently in the summer bought some hard drives, new liquid cpu cooler and converted it into a plex server. Ive got some new software that I really need to run and its currently only mac compatible. I'm not 100% confident it will work with a more up to date macOS I'm also concerned about drivers for my GPU. All input is welcomed. If there is anything else you guys need from me please let me know. Thank you in advance for your help and input.

Here are my current specs:

CPU
Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz 28 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. CG8350 (LGA1155) 26 °C
Graphics
NS-24E730A12 (1842x1036@60Hz)
1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (NVIDIA) 31 °C
Storage
3726GB Western Digital WDC WD40EFRX-68N32N0 ATA Device (SATA ) 25 °C
111GB PNY CS900 120GB SSD ATA Device (SATA (SSD)) 33 °C
931GB Seagate ST31000528AS ATA Device (SATA ) 30 °C
3726GB Western Digital WDC WD40EFRX-68N32N0 ATA Device (SATA ) 27 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH12LS35 ATA Device
Audio
NVIDIA High Definition Audio

This is my very first post and I have looked around the forums to my question but I wasn't able to find the exact specifics that I need. This is my very first windows/mac dual boot project and that is what I am trying to achieve. I'm reaching out to the more advanced builders and experienced people. I'm currently running Win 10 as of now and bought a separate SSD to install a macOS on. Before I invest time and energy into this. I'm wanting to get the best recommendations on what OS I should choose , if my hardware will be up for the task and my best plan of attack. I'll be honest I'm not ready to bang my head on the keyboard for hours. I've been there and done that. I've read a few different tutorials and some seem to be a little different to the next. My hardware was some of the best at its time in 2011. I've recently in the summer bought some hard drives, new liquid cpu cooler and converted it into a plex server. Ive got some new software that I really need to run and its currently only mac compatible. I'm not 100% confident it will work with a more up to date macOS I'm also concerned about drivers for my GPU. All input is welcomed. If there is anything else you guys need from me please let me know. Thank you in advance for your help and input.

Here are my current specs:

CPU
Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz 28 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. CG8350 (LGA1155) 26 °C
Graphics
NS-24E730A12 (1842x1036@60Hz)
1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (NVIDIA) 31 °C
Storage
3726GB Western Digital WDC WD40EFRX-68N32N0 ATA Device (SATA ) 25 °C
111GB PNY CS900 120GB SSD ATA Device (SATA (SSD)) 33 °C
931GB Seagate ST31000528AS ATA Device (SATA ) 30 °C
3726GB Western Digital WDC WD40EFRX-68N32N0 ATA Device (SATA ) 27 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH12LS35 ATA Device
Audio
NVIDIA High Definition Audio

Your graphics card is quite old and both High Sierra and Mojave will have problems with it. The latest you can go is probably MacOS Sierra 10.12.6.

I have no idea if your motherboard will cause problems as well. Check the BIOS options on your motherboard and see if the required BIOS options in the Installation Guides are available.

Ty bond for your input, ya I figured my GPU is ancient. When I reinstalled windows on my pc. I couldn't get any display without the GPU. Which is weird considering it worked before I installed it. I couldnt imagine trying to get it to work on the mac side. I think the mobo is actually UFEI. Or however you spell it. I have a newer touchscreen small laptop I could use, but since it was newer I didnt know if I should mess with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back