1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey everyone

This mite be a stupid question but what is exec exactly?
I have a gps logger for photography work and miraculously found a driver for mac (its pretty old so the makers link was broken)
But did finde the so called driver on another website. but i dont know the file format.

It's a ProlificUSBSerial.exec, I did try and execute it in terminal but with no luck.

Anyone that knows how i can get the driver to work?? I would greatly appreciate it :D

Hey everyone

This mite be a stupid question but what is exec exactly?
I have a gps logger for photography work and miraculously found a driver for mac (its pretty old so the makers link was broken)
But did finde the so called driver on another website. but i dont know the file format.

It's a ProlificUSBSerial.exec, I did try and execute it in terminal but with no luck.

Anyone that knows how i can get the driver to work?? I would greatly appreciate it :D

AFAIK, an "exec" isn't really a standard file type; it's just an extension commonly used on native command-line binaries.

But if you just need the Prolific PL-2303 USB to Serial driver, it has now been updated for El Capitan. You can download it from http://prolificusa.com/pl-2303hx-drivers/.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back