Contribute
Register

What is causing "disk not ejected properly" after wake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS P8Z77-V LK
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
HD6870
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have GA-Z77-DS3H and got a pretty stable system running.

I didn't have any issue of disk not ejected properly after wake as external HDD stayed connected after wake.

However, after tinkering with my system hoping to get higher score from Nova and Geek bench, I now get disk not ejected not properly after wake! :oops:

I really didn't install any new kexts, only played with Chameleon wizard, BIOS and DSDT. I know you don't need DSDT for this board but I played with it. (you do get higher score with DSDT)

I only use darkwake=0, UseKernelCache=Yes, EthernetBuiltin=Yes. USB legacy off is checked. <- this is my normal flag.
I tried with other combinations as well but no luck.

Where should I check?

Thanks in advance.

Does your board provide standby power to USB devices while in sleep mode?

Mieze

I don't know. How do you check?

todesto said:
I don't know. How do you check?
Does your external HD have a power LED? It should stay on while the system sleeps if standby power is provided, but it will be off if the USB port it is connected to does not provide power in sleep mode. You can also check standby power with a wired USB mouse or any USB device with a power LED.

Mieze

The light goes off as the system shut down. The light is off of the mouse when checked with wired mouse.

The light goes off as the system shut down. The light is off of the mouse when checked with wired mouse.
When the lights go off this means that there is no power during sleep. You'll have to find out how to enable USB standby power. Check your board's manual. On some boards it can be enabled by changing a jumper setting, like I had to do on my board, while others only require to select a proper BIOS setting.

Mieze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back