Contribute
Register

What is Best Vega 64 for Hackintosh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did it and it isn't working, i'm booting with only one monitor connected, if once in mojave i plug another monitor both monitors goes black and stay in that state forever, using Whatevergreen 1.3.5 and lilu 1.4, what else can i do?

If i try to boot with all monitors connected weird **** like that one in the photo i shared before happens

If i boot with all monitors connected it can happen too that before login screen only 2 of the 3 monitors stay flickering in black screen and the 3rd one (hdmi) just goes black without flickering.

What connections are you using? HDMI? DisplayPort?

Are you using 4K monitors?

What connections are you using? HDMI? DisplayPort?

Are you using 4K monitors?
Dell Monitor 60Hz 1920 x 1200 through DP to DVI adapter
Yeyian Monitor 165Hz 1920 x 1080 through DP
Asus Monitor 60Hz 1920 x 1080 through HDMI

I have been able to boot to mojave only using the Dell monitor with the middle DP port (the card has 3 dp ports and 3 hdmi ports)

You will. Just follow all tutorials. It's a very good card. Latest Lilu and WhateverGreen will help you a lot. The newer the macOS the better support you will have. macOS keeps improving support with newer releases. The first macOS release that supported Vega had problems with power management (fans, etc). But they keep improving with each release and now it's excellent. If you install an old release, then at least make sure is not to old. Mojave and Catalina are better options but in your case, you have an old CPU (i7 2700K HD Graphics 3000) and that's why your best option could be macOS High Sierra (I think latest version is 10.13.6 but I'm not sure) You should upgrade your CPU to the next generation supported by your motherboard (i7 3700K/HD Graphics 4000) and then you will have better compatibility with Mojave or Catalina. I check online and there are i7 3700K's for $49.99 If you can't upgrade the CPU you can then disable the IGPU in BIOS and use a different SMBIOS meant to work only with DGPU. Then you only need to take care of proper power management... Cheers!:)
I had an ASUS STRIX RX 470 4GB with mojave and the instalation was the smoothest experience i've ever had setting up a hackintosh, it worked OOB but could only use 2 monitors and sold it, was using the iGPU with sierra but it feels like crap compared to a dedicated GPU:lol:

I just bought the same card and could install in mojave but can only use 1 monitor (have 3) connected to the middle DP and the other ones just display like a fragment of the screen, what can i do to fix this?

I had that with 2 monitors. In my case, i had to turn off the second monitor and then back on, i think and then it would work. Or i had to change the display settings in preferences (eg change res of second monitor and then the resolution of both my monitors shoed normally. Was just annoying. What happens after you do both theses things?

I had an ASUS STRIX RX 470 4GB with mojave and the instalation was the smoothest experience i've ever had setting up a hackintosh, it worked OOB but could only use 2 monitors and sold it, was using the iGPU with sierra but it feels like crap compared to a dedicated GPU:lol:

Maybe it has to do with the 6 ports rather than 4, maybe you need some kind of custom something to make it work correctly. All my cards only have 4 ports the Vegas have 3DP, 1HDMI; and 580 has 2DP, 2HDMI

I had that with 2 monitors. In my case, i had to turn off the second monitor and then back on, i think and then it would work. Or i had to change the display settings in preferences (eg change res of second monitor and then the resolution of both my monitors shoed normally. Was just annoying. What happens after you do both theses things?
I cannot even do that because at the moment i try to plug a second monitor they both go black

Maybe it has to do with the 6 ports rather than 4, maybe you need some kind of custom something to make it work correctly. All my cards only have 4 ports the Vegas have 3DP, 1HDMI; and 580 has 2DP, 2HDMI
I don't know someone else in this post has the same GPU working fine, installed Catalina hoping it'd have better support for vega but i'm having exactly the same problem.

I don't know someone else in this post has the same GPU working fine, installed Catalina hoping it'd have better support for vega but i'm having exactly the same problem.

Your problem is port configuration not the Vega support or even driver. WEG normally resolves that unless you have abnormal port configuration such as yourself. I discovered in my time trouble shooting my system that if you use Mac Pro 2013 SM all the ports are enabled at least on my cards without WEG.

I will like to give you more support but I can't right now. I'm busy troubleshooting a laptop hardware problem. I'm not using multi-monitors but I just connect three HDMI cables to 4K and all of them are working. Can't test display ports, I don't have display monitors right now.
Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 10.55.59 AM.png
The WhateverGreen manual folder has a few manuals. The one you want to read is: FAQ.Radeon.en.md
The parts I think you should focus are:
- Debug log
- Requirements for WhateverGreen
- Custom Connectors
- Display Priority

The -raddvi boot argument is use for automatic connector correction, but I don't know if it works for all type of connectors or if it's only usefull for old cards. Also if you can, upgrade your DGPU to the latest firmware.

I will like to give you more support but I can't right now. I'm busy troubleshooting a laptop hardware problem. I'm not using multi-monitors but I just connect three HDMI cables to 4K and all of them are working. Can't test display ports, I don't have display monitors right now.
View attachment 441492
The WhateverGreen manual folder has a few manuals. The one you want to read is: FAQ.Radeon.en.md
The parts I think you should focus are:
- Debug log
- Requirements for WhateverGreen
- Custom Connectors
- Display Priority

The -raddvi boot argument is use for automatic connector correction, but I don't know if it works for all type of connectors or if it's only usefull for old cards. Also if you can, upgrade your DGPU to the latest firmware.
About custom connectors a don't really understand how to do that ATM, about the latest firmware i installed it yesterday downloaded it directly from GIGABYTE webpage, tried with -radvvi bootflag alongside injectati and the other radeoninitsomething checked in my plist and same result

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back