i3-3110M/C216
Graphics
HD 4000. 1366x768
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Clover Mavericks on a HP 4540s

I have no camera function in Skype. I have it from time to time in Photo Booth. I don't know what Facetalk is so I'm not interested in that. But I'd like Skype to work.

I note that, if there is no serial number showing for my camera that I'm screwed, and I can accept that. What I want to know is what is a serial number.

I have the following under About this Mac:

Under USB:

HP HD WebCam (Fixed)

Under Camera:

Model ID: UVC Camera VendorID_1266 ProductID_45938
Unique ID: 0x1a13000004f2b372

Now is a Unique ID another name for Serial Number? It would seem strange if there were duplicate unique IDs.

Clover Mavericks on a HP 4540s

I have no camera function in Skype. I have it from time to time in Photo Booth. I don't know what Facetalk is so I'm not interested in that. But I'd like Skype to work.

I note that, if there is no serial number showing for my camera that I'm screwed, and I can accept that. What I want to know is what is a serial number.

I have the following under About this Mac:

Under USB:

HP HD WebCam (Fixed)

Under Camera:

Model ID: UVC Camera VendorID_1266 ProductID_45938
Unique ID: 0x1a13000004f2b372

Now is a Unique ID another name for Serial Number? It would seem strange if there were duplicate unique IDs.

Unique ID is different from serial#.

Note: I think a missing serial# is just a side effect of something else not working (classic "canary in the coal mine"). It is not that the serial# is really missing, but perhaps that OS X cannot communicate with the device correctly to retrieve it, nor communicate with it for other purposes.

Thanks, RehabMan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back