Contribute
Register

What has happened - Soc-force 970 blackscreen after working system!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, another day, a similar problem!

I have changed over to onboard graphics.

Changed BIOS setting to enable onboard (Intel Processor Graphics = Enabled) plus Changed initial Display output to IGFX from PCI 1.

Booted using x into safe mode and ran Multibeast, changing the two relevant checkboxes (will check and update in a sec).

Tried booting with:

-f -v -no-zp GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes

I get this screen:

IMG_3123.jpg

Arrghh! I thought I was going to be there with this combo.

Some thoughts.

Am I having problems due to the fact I have a VGA monitor?

Could this be the root cause?

Many thanks to both of you for your help so far!

~a

Am I having problems due to the fact I have a VGA monitor?

Probably, Apple no longer use VGA and so there is no support for it in the operating system.

Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI.

Thanks for the input pilgrim..

Interestingly,
My Mac pro was (with Yosemite) working just fine with a HDMI to VGA connector running into a Monitor that's only got a VGA in.

I can go and buy a new monitor but would like to know that's the real issue, not somehting that needs to be done at the operating system / bootloading level...

Also, the system was working intermittently (1 boot in say 8 or 10) with the VGA monitor....

Thanks for the input pilgrim..

Interestingly,
My Mac pro was (with Yosemite) working just fine with a HDMI to VGA connector running into a Monitor that's only got a VGA in.

I can go and buy a new monitor but would like to know that's the real issue, not somehting that needs to be done at the operating system / bootloading level...

Also, the system was working intermittently (1 boot in say 8 or 10) with the VGA monitor....

P1lgrim has pointed you in the right direction; I missed this possibility because I assumed your video connection was through a direct digital cable [HDMI OR DVI ] to a Digital VideoLCD Display Monitor, Not analog LCD Display Monitor and without an adapter in between, even when I felt the Add-on card was probably not the real issue in your video problem.
Also, the system was working intermittently (1 boot in say 8 or 10) with the VGA monitor

The Software tweaks creating the Hackintosh out of Non-Apple Hardware including the Monitor was stretched to its limit and that is why your display was suffering intermittently. You need a Digital monitor and Cable to run a Hackintosh.

You might still need to edit your Boot.plist but only after getting the right hardware. Just like we cannot use a PATA HDD in modern Hackintosh , this is something that has occurred over the last few years.

Thanks guys,
Have new monitor ordered. Will report back when it's here...

I appreciate both of your help immensely!

Many thanks,

Aidan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back