ASUS P8P67-LE
CPU
i5-2400
Graphics
GTX 550TI
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I was reading back through the multibeast updates and saw the introduction of npci=0x3000 instead of npci=0x2000.. Basically, what is the difference between the two?

I read down the comments list for the blog article and found plenty of people asking the question but no-one I saw answered it.

Regards,
Craig

Hi
From what i know 0x2000 is only supported in OSX Lion, where as the 0x3000 is supported in both Lion and the new Mountain Lion
Hope this answers your question! (They basically do the same thing)

i have lion 10.7.4 and i need to have <string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string> on my org.chameleon.Boot.plist to be able to boot

Thanks very much guys!

ramirorobles said:
i have lion 10.7.4 and i need to have <string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string> on my org.chameleon.Boot.plist to be able to boot

I've always seen that in my boot.plist too.

L15T3R, do you know what the string actually means?

Yeah I have the exact same boot.plist string as well, sorry no I don't know what it actually means just know it has something to with the PCi slot your GFX card is in, as if you change it you usually get black screen :) But then again I could be totally wrong.
L15T3R

any body figure this out yet?

I was wondering the same thing.....lets take a stab and say something to do with the video? haha

PCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back