Contribute
Register

What happens to EFI partition when upgrading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580 + HD4600
I have installed bootloader and extras to EFI partition, because I use the R9 280 card. Everything's working fine so far. I'd like to upgrade from 10.10.2 to 10.10.5 and my question is: Do I have to change anything to the EFI partition?

I have installed bootloader and extras to EFI partition, because I use the R9 280 card. Everything's working fine so far. I'd like to upgrade from 10.10.2 to 10.10.5 and my question is: Do I have to change anything to the EFI partition?
No.

My EFI partition cannot be mounted after upgrading to Sierra (do not have permission)? Otherwise all seems to be working well.
I upgraded through the App store...and on this system

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha
i7-6700K
16 Gb memory
Samsung M.2 and Samsung SSD
Do not have permission? Why would you need permission to mount the EFI ppartition? Are you logged into an admin account or a limited user account?

fedex
Do not have permission? Why would you need permission to mount the EFI ppartition? Are you logged into an admin account or a limited us
I am in an admin account...as always and have never run into a situation like this...multibeast reports everything OK. Clover config does not complain when I select a disk/EFI to mount but nothing is mounted!
Very strange situation. If I can't figure this one out I mat try to install new from scratch when the public release comes out soon.

Thank you for the reply!

fedex

I am in an admin account...as always and have never run into a situation like this...multibeast reports everything OK. Clover config does not complain when I select a disk/EFI to mount but nothing is mounted!
Very strange situation. If I can't figure this one out I mat try to install new from scratch when the public release comes out soon.
Have you tried using EFIMounter V3? http://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/efi-mounter-v3.280/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back