Contribute
Register

What Gigabyte z68 to buy for Snow leopard 10.6.8 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z68xp-ud4
CPU
i7 2600k @ 4,2ghz
Graphics
PNY Quadro FX 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I would like to update my hack but... i need absolutely snow leopard!
Can someone suggest me a gigabyte (or others) motherboard socket 1155 ( ivi bridge ready) to easy install a 10.6.0 retail ( and then update to 10.6.8) ?
I know there are many problems in this situation!
Im' searching for a ATX or micro ATX motherboard with also a PCI slot !
Thanks!

You're gonna have to use iBoot legacy for any SL install (due to Sandy Bridge not being natively supported before 10.6.7), but the Z68X-UD3H works fine under SL.

Then just run Update Helper (for Sandy Bridge on SL systems) and update to 10.6.8. Then you're good.

Thanks brothers...good suggestions. I think for now is good "even just" a 2600k, in the future we will see if ivy bridge will work! Now i'm checking that two motherboards! Thanks again!
p.s.
further suggestions are ever and ever wellcome, expecially about Micro ATX motherboards! ! :)

Gordo74 said:
You're gonna have to use iBoot legacy for any SL install (due to Sandy Bridge not being natively supported before 10.6.7), but the Z68X-UD3H works fine under SL.

Then just run Update Helper (for Sandy Bridge on SL systems) and update to 10.6.8. Then you're good.

Using iBoot Legacy is not necessary. I use iBoot to install Snow Leopard from the retail DVD on Sandy Bridge and Socket 775 systems with success.

fwood said:
Thanks brothers...good suggestions. I think for now is good "even just" a 2600k, in the future we will see if ivy bridge will work! Now i'm checking that two motherboards! Thanks again!
p.s.
further suggestions are ever and ever welcome, especially about Micro ATX motherboards! ! :)

I use a Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 motherboard in my system which works fine with Snow Leopard and Lion.

Thanks! So ,until now, 3 ATX seems to be ok for Snow!
Who know i can have also some micro ATX suggestions!! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back