Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey, i went to the DSDT Database and located my motherboard, however under my motherboard there are 4 dsdt files, which one would i download and use?

4?

I guess you need to check the BIOS version?

toqi786 said:
Hey, i went to the DSDT Database and located my motherboard, however under my motherboard there are 4 dsdt files, which one would i download and use?

Those are dedicated bios versions for the motherboard. You must know what bios version you have,
Here is a method to checkon windows:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/tipstricks/ht/biosversysinfo.htm

There are also bios tools in official gigabyte website.

...and you should be able to see it on the first screen during start up of your machine.
"Award Modular BIOS bla bla bla

z68mx-ud2h-b3 F<something>

(...)"

There is your installed BIOS version.

To see this screen during start - however - you must have the "full screen logo show" disabled in your BIOS settings (Advanced BIOS Features). Otherwise you only see that colored Gigabyte Logo during POST and I don´t know if they show the BIOS version on it, too.

But if you are already within your BIOS anyway, just navigate to MB Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T.).
This page also displays your current BIOS version.

when i went into the m.i.t, it says bios version is f3, but in the dsdt db it doesnt hav version for f3 under that motherboard, only f4, f5, f9, f11 are mentioned!

there is no pre edited dsdt, so should i just use the easybeast method from multi beast? instead of the userdsdt?

toqi786 said:
there is no pre edited dsdt, so should i just use the easybeast method from multi beast? instead of the userdsdt?
Your choice of path here.

Personally, I would upgrade my BIOS to one of the ones in the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back