Graphics
1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Im confused to what drivers i need from multibeasts. The spec is below.
I have the hackintosh up and running, network works i can remote into it etc etc. So from my POV its working ok

But clearly it needs some kind of drivers, so can someone help me, pretty please

Im confused to what drivers i need from multibeasts. The spec is below.
I have the hackintosh up and running, network works i can remote into it etc etc. So from my POV its working ok

But clearly it needs some kind of drivers, so can someone help me, pretty please

iampaulb

Multibeast is not so much as a supplier of drivers as you ask - but rather a composer who orchestrates the "drivers" from the HD where the USB thumb drive which has Mountain Lion installed and then during the Unibeast install were placed onto the HD - ( its all on the Hard Drive)

So the only "Drivers" are actually kexts files that are installed related to those items that need to be re-installed to get the Hack to work.
These would be for the Network - Sound - etc -and Miscellaneous items that are needed. This is why you need to know your hardware.
The only other items that would be "Drivers" would be kext enablers to have certain modules work better like nVidia Graphics "drivers" which are actually kexts files and would be installed if selected.

Windows installations are more of a BIG shotgun approach - a lot of misses where has OSX is a finite shot! This is why when you install Windows you need a BIG C drive and are shocked at how much space it eats up - and w Unix (Linux and OSX) you don't need so much space but usually more partitions ( but that's a horse of a different color).

If you read the fine print inside the Box that are displayed when you "pick" and item or category - you will read what it will be doing and what it installs.

The hard part about this is picking the right pic's... kinda like going to a Chinese restaurant and you don't know whats in the soup!

The Term "Drivers" is a term that is associated w Windows (or WinBlows as I like to refer to it) Unix ( which is where OSX sprang from) uses the term Kexts or enablers!

Again this utility is not so much as an installer but more of a arranger or one that sets up the sceen - think of it as Feng shui for your Hackintosh.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feng_shui

So if your system is working and you have network, sound, full Graphics support ( watch a DVD video - play the Game of Chess) and if you have Sleep working ( will go to sleep and wake up) Your Disk Drives do what Disk drives DO.. DVD works ( eject and close) You USB ports work ( USB 2.0 ) then it would appear that you have a working hackintosh. And No more "Drivers" are needed....:lol:

Welcome to Apple OSX and say good by to WindoZ.

LOL i F'in hate windows, Im currently on my iMac at home. I have built the hackintosh for a home server. The only issue i seem to be having at the moment is that its booting fine from the usb stick. But not the HDD!!

any ideas.

iampaulb

Now Now you should tell us how you resolved this - remember this is a community and we share.. the pain and the success.

As Coach says their is no I in TEAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back