Contribute
Register

What Drivers for GTX 570 in multibeast and what CUDA drivers to install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H mountain lion
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
Asus GTX 570
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
I guess this isn't the right forum, but I've noticed that I don't get very fast responds at the mountain lion desktop support forum. So I'll just post this question over here.
I just finished building my first Hackintosh :headbang: HELL YEAH!
Most of it seems to work. It was I nice adventure so far!

I have a GB Z77-DS3H motherboard with i7 and a GTX 570 running Mountain Lion.

Now I already installed the Nvidea Fermi Open cl patch 10.8 in Multibeast.
What do you think? Because some people say I didn't need to install any drivers in MB for gtx 570.

And what CUDA drivers do you think I should install? Just the latest?
At the CUDA website it doesn't say anything about GTX 570 support for the latest CUDA.

And Onboard Ehernet doesn't work yet. Maybe even more important actually.
First I used the option Linux2Mac's RealtekRTL81x. Didn't work.
Ran Multibeast again and installed maolj's AtherosL1cEthernet.
Ethernet is now recognized and picks up a IP-address, but I still can't surf the internet.

Heeeeeelp! :crazy:
Thaaanks :D

I guess this isn't the right forum, but I've noticed that I don't get very fast responds at the mountain lion desktop support forum. So I'll just post this question over here.
I just finished building my first Hackintosh :headbang: HELL YEAH!
Most of it seems to work. It was I nice adventure so far!

I have a GB Z77-DS3H motherboard with i7 and a GTX 570 running Mountain Lion.

Now I already installed the Nvidea Fermi Open cl patch 10.8 in Multibeast.
What do you think? Because some people say I didn't need to install any drivers in MB for gtx 570.

And what CUDA drivers do you think I should install? Just the latest?
At the CUDA website it doesn't say anything about GTX 570 support for the latest CUDA.

And Onboard Ehernet doesn't work yet. Maybe even more important actually.
First I used the option Linux2Mac's RealtekRTL81x. Didn't work.
Ran Multibeast again and installed maolj's AtherosL1cEthernet.
Ethernet is now recognized and picks up a IP-address, but I still can't surf the internet.

Heeeeeelp! :crazy:
Thaaanks :D

I think I posted pics before for you. You can try using the open cl patch and then try it without. I pretty sure Mt Lion doesn't have support for it but I could be wrong. I installed it, but didn't try my GPU without it so I don't really know if it was working without the multi beast version.

As for the NVIDIA drivers I got kp every time with them. they may work for you, but again, I'd suggest testing with and without to see what works better (use luxmark 2).

For CUDA just go to nvidia and download the newest version. It works with mine. in fact, I downloaded an older version, and the updater prompted me to download the updated ones. I think it's 5.0.36 or something like that.

If your on AE 6 you can see my screen shot shows you open cl and CUDA are working. I'm sure there are other ways to test (luxmark 2) but this is what I use them for so it's the most important.

I guess my one question for you is, is your GPU working?
Are you having problems?
If not I'd just leave it I guess...

I don't use the network port so I cant help you there.

Screen Shot 2012-11-02 at 2.37.37 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2012-11-02 at 2.25.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2012-10-31 at 7.09.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2012-10-31 at 7.10.49 PM.png

I'm at the same spot. I have installed ML and I am about to run multibeast. I know with previous versions of Multibeast, people said not to install the Fermi >2GB patch but it says its been fixed in this new version. I have the GTX570 2.5GB and was wondering the best way to enable openCL also. Should I run the patch in Multibeast and download drivers? Or should I follow the netkas patch? Also I had to install without my card in, should I run multibeast and then shutdown and install the card or should I install the card before multibeast? Thanks

I think I posted pics before for you. You can try using the open cl patch and then try it without. I pretty sure Mt Lion doesn't have support for it but I could be wrong. I installed it, but didn't try my GPU without it so I don't really know if it was working without the multi beast version.

As for the NVIDIA drivers I got kp every time with them. they may work for you, but again, I'd suggest testing with and without to see what works better (use luxmark 2).

For CUDA just go to nvidia and download the newest version. It works with mine. in fact, I downloaded an older version, and the updater prompted me to download the updated ones. I think it's 5.0.36 or something like that.

If your on AE 6 you can see my screen shot shows you open cl and CUDA are working. I'm sure there are other ways to test (luxmark 2) but this is what I use them for so it's the most important.

I guess my one question for you is, is your GPU working?
Are you having problems?
If not I'd just leave it I guess...

I don't use the network port so I cant help you there.

View attachment 36804
View attachment 36801View attachment 36802View attachment 36803

Thank you VERY much Kev7in! I will soon post my results!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back