Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
@dev's What does the Unibeast Installer do that a Clover Installer (createinstallmedia) doesn't? On a X99 box if I install Yosemie using Unibeast and then copy the patched kernel to HD/System/Library/Kernels/ and then install Clover; using boot flags: -v npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 the systems boots fine. I'd still like to find a way to install with Clover.

Since I can't find a way to inject the patched kernel using a Clover installer I used another box to install Yosemite on a drive. I then added the patched to kernel to HD/System/Library/Kernels/ and moved the drive to the X99 box. I use the same working (Unibeast Installed) Clover config yet the box won't boot. It hangs loading OsxAptioFixDrv-64. This the same problem I have creating a Clover/Yosemite/X99 installer.

Any input appreciated...

kudos to TM devs, it's the only installer that currently works on X99 with Yos...

@dev's What does the Unibeast Installer do that a Clover Installer (createinstallmedia) doesn't? On a X99 box if I install Yosemie using Unibeast and then copy the patched kernel to HD/System/Library/Kernels/ and then install Clover; using boot flags: -v npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 the systems boots fine. I'd still like to find a way to install with Clover.

Since I can't find a way to inject the patched kernel using a Clover installer I used another box to install Yosemite on a drive. I then added the patched to kernel to HD/System/Library/Kernels/ and moved the drive to the X99 box. I use the same working (Unibeast Installed) Clover config yet the box won't boot. It hangs loading OsxAptioFixDrv-64. This the same problem I have creating a Clover/Yosemite/X99 installer.

Any input appreciated...

kudos to TM devs, it's the only installer that currently works on X99 with Yos...
Since there is no way to patch the kernel inside the install app when you use Clover to create the USB installer, have you considered trying to copy the patched kernel to the USB root with the install app and then add the flag

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>/Volumes/Install/OS\ X\ Yosemite/kernel</string>

to the config.plist?

Don't have time at the moment to try it, myself.
If you do try it, please post results.

Since there is no way to patch the kernel inside the install app when you use Clover to create the USB installer, have you considered trying to copy the patched kernel to the USB root with the install app and then add the flag

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>/Volumes/Install/OS\ X\ Yosemite/kernel</string>

to the config.plist?

Don't have time at the moment to try it, myself.
If you do try it, please post results.

I've never tested something like that, but I don't think it will work.

Instead of using 'createinstallmedia' when you create your Clover/OS X installer, use the BaseBiinaries clone method. That way you have access to /System/Library/Kernels/kernel.

More info here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Thanks RehabMan, I tried the BaseBiinaries clone method you linked to but have the same issue as with createinstallmedia, no access to /System/Library/Kernels/kernel.

Screen Shot 2015-01-03 at 10.35.31 PM.png

GB- Going to take another run at injecting tomorrow, thanks.

Thanks RehabMan, I tried the BaseBiinaries clone method you linked to but have the same issue as with createinstallmedia, no access to /System/Library/Kernels/kernel.

View attachment 120280

GB- Going to take another run at injecting tomorrow, thanks.

The /System/Library/Kernels/kernel is in Essentials.pkg. What if you extract it and add it...??

Note: You can also use Unibeast + Clover.

The /System/Library/Kernels/kernel is in Essentials.pkg. What if you extract it and add it...??
That worked quite nicely, thank you...

Extract and add it with what app?
I can extract with Pacifist, but how to add the patched kernel back?

It is strange that the UniBeast USB has a Kernels folder and the Clover install OS X does not.
Screen Shot 2015-01-04 at 9.07.59 AM.jpg

can the Kernels folder and kernel be added from the UniBeast USB to the Clover install OS X?

Extract and add it with what app?
I can extract with Pacifist, but how to add the patched kernel back?

Create the directories with mkdir. Copy the file with cp. Likely with 'sudo' to get the permissions correct.

Create the directories with mkdir.
?? How to copy a file back to a directory inside a .pkg? No way that I know of. I haven't progressed that far yet.

?? How to copy a file back to a directory inside a .pkg? No way that I know of. I haven't progressed that far yet.

You don't do that. This is just about the /System/Library/Kernels on the USB partition...

You will have to copy the patched one to your HDD post-install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back