Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi all,

I'm struggling to get past first base with a new build, so wondered if anyone could help explain what is causing the Kernel Panic

Attachments

• PITA KP ML.jpg
    PITA KP ML.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 155
Hi all,

I'm struggling to get past first base with a new build, so wondered if anyone could help explain what is causing the Kernel Panic

paul_o

You should be using some Boot Command switches if you installing for the first time

-v PCIRootUID=0
and add this acpi=off

turns off power management to the cpu

You also neglected to tell us which OSX your trying to install and how....

Hi and thanks for the quick reply. Trying ML using Unibeast 1.7.0

i've tried some bootflags before (-v -f PCIRootUID=0) - and just tried acpi=off as you suggest, but still getting same KP (or appear to be):

paul_o

You are using the Unibeast 1.7.0 for Mountain Lion - as the Lion one is the same version yet they are different.

Failures w UniBeast can mean that the ML stub file that was downloaded from Apple was corrupt or didnt work when it was assembled on the USB thumb drive.

Also using a Good quality USB drive is important and should be 8 GB. Also preping the USB drive w disk utilities is important as well.

Hi,

Yes I am using the ML version of unibeast.

Interesting the commesnts re: corrupt file. I had struggled to create a Unibeast bootable USB using my MBA - so I created one using the hackintosh that had previously worked, before ripping out a H55M mobo and trying a Z77M.......

Strangely, I had even resorted to trying iBoot and then going the SL route - but even that wouldn’t work.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back