Contribute
Register

What does com.tonymacx86.InstallHelper do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P7P55D-E LX (1602 BIOS)
CPU
Intel Core i7-860 @ 2.8Ghz
Graphics
ATI XFX 5850 1GB
Hey folks,

Just a quick question. Does anyone know what com.tonymacx86.InstallHelper does? I noticed a plist for it in /Library/LaunchDaemons that runs /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.tonymacx86.InstallHelper. It seems to have been installed the same day I upgraded from ML to Mavericks, so it must have come with either UniBeast or MultiBeast, as that's all I ran from tonymacx86 that day.

I tried some Google-fu to find what it's responsible for, but couldn't find anything concrete. Just curious, and any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

Yes, I'd like to know, too.
I was using MultiBeast to configure a drive that was in my Mac temporarily (and to be transferred to a Hackintosh), and then this file was installed onto my Mac's boot drive. My first instinct is to delete it as I can't see any use for it on a real Mac.

MacMan, any chance you could be more specific about what the install helper does?

And can we remove this once MultiBeast has run?

MacMan, any chance you could be more specific about what the install helper does?

And can we remove this once MultiBeast has run?

fairly reasonable question bump...

I'd like to know if I can delete this as well.

I'm having some problems shutting down and some of the Mac forums are pointing to files in launchDaemons as being the culprits to not shutting down properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back