Contribute
Register

What do you customize first after installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
What does everybody customize after an install? Not including Multibeast stuff, of course :)

Tom

tinkerC said:
What does everybody customize after an install? Not including Multibeast stuff, of course :)

Tom
Lot's of stuff mainly in Finder and Dock settings. It takes me about 10 minutes to make all of my tweaks.

Command keys for switching tabs in browsers and Adium... I use command-shift-arrows.

Opening the iTunes Column Browser.

Installing some version of iStat [Menus, Nano, Pro]

I used to install MenuMeters to show me my network throughput in the menubar, but I'm currently using iStat Menus instead which does the same thing.

Finder - make all disks appear on Desktop and in Sidebar

Showing seconds in the menubar clock

I was thinking about this the other day. When I dual boot installed Windows 7 the other day there were a million and a half things I needed to "adjust" just to make Windows usable at all! When I setup OS X it takes like 10 minutes, tops. Not including app install time of course, but that's a given.

I would say I setup iStat and do a quick run through of System Preferences. Then I setup all of the user folders on a separate 'Data' partition. A few preference changes in certain apps and that's about it. :D I love OS X's simplicity.

kushninja said:
I was thinking about this the other day. When I dual boot installed Windows 7 the other day there were a million and a half things I needed to "adjust" just to make Windows usable at all! When I setup OS X it takes like 10 minutes, tops. Not including app install time of course, but that's a given.

I would say I setup iStat and do a quick run through of System Preferences. Then I setup all of the user folders on a separate 'Data' partition. A few preference changes in certain apps and that's about it. :D I love OS X's simplicity.

Yes! BTW, if you are having a problem that some users don't load correctly, there is a post: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=3427 that shows how to load all drives on startup. Just a thing I noticed bad about putting user data on a separate drive.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back