CPU
i7-7820X
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Hi. I apologize but I can't track down the answer: What do I do with the XFX5870.rom file that netkas has posted on his site? I don't know how / where to install it.

Also:

When installing the drivers using kext helper, do I only need to add the .kext files? Just leave the .bundle and the .plugin files?

thanks for the assist....

It's only for Cheesegraters MacPros.

______ :beachball:

Cool. Thanks for letting me know that. So it is not for Hackintosh community.

What about the kext question? DO I just ignore the .bundle and .plugin files, and only add the .kext files to kext helper to install them?

Also, does that then automatically uninstall the drivers that are currently installed?

Thanks!

Sorry to be such a pain, but can anyone tell me if when you install the new drivers, if you just leave the .bundle and .plugin files in the directory, and just load the .kext files?

Thanks!

franklyhollywood said:
Sorry to be such a pain, but can anyone tell me if when you install the new drivers, if you just leave the .bundle and .plugin files in the directory, and just load the .kext files?

Thanks!

You need to install all kexts, bundles, and plugins. Or just run the new Snow Leopard Graphics Update- it will give you the latest.

Excellent. Thank you!

One last question:

Can you help me get back into my system. I can't seem to get back into OSX....

I used the I32 boot cd to build the original hackintosh, then I forgot i didn't use iboot, and I installed multibeast on top of it. Now I can not get into my hackintosh.

I have tried: arch=i386 / GraphicsEnabler=No / -v / -x (without the /) all strings, individual comands, I have tried everything. Is there another way for me to boot into my hackintosh, or do I have to rebuild?

Lastly - Does the graphics update include 5870 or even dual 5870 cards?

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back