Contribute
Register

What Creative X-Fi sound card models are supported?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, What models of the X-Fi series are supported, and interface (PCIe or PCI) ?
Thanks!

I not sure about another brand, but my creative x-fi Titnium Pci-e supported (even front panel working too)

wilsonisme said:
I not sure about another brand, but my creative x-fi Titnium Pci-e supported (even front panel working too)

I would try it as well to use my X-Fi gamer card, but did not know, which driver to use. Do you have any recommendation? As far as I know, there is no official driver for OSX available. May I'a, wrong?

wilsonisme said:

In 10.6.5? What driver did you use?

I tested it today with my OSX 10.6.5, my Motherboard Asus P7P55D Pro and my X-FI Gamer PCI card. I used the driver as given to me from wilsonisme, but the system goes into Halt immediately after the boot manager. There is no message given, the system is going into Halt and you can only perform a Hardware reset. I tested both PCI Slots, which I have in my board and it's the same behavior. I deactivated the onboard sound via bios before, but it will not run. I don't know. if it's a software or hardware problem, because I have never tested this combination of MB and sound card in a Windows environment before (I used an AMD board before with that sound card and it runs). When I will find time and start with Windows installation I will test it again. I have nothing found in the WWW about an issue of this board with X-FI gamer until now. If somebody here uses this combination, maybe he can post his results as well. Would be nice to hear, if somebody can agree or may not.

Dulmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back