Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey All,

So, I am in the process of assembling all of my parts for my prodigy based Hackintosh build. I am stuck on what cooling I am going to use. I need to water cool so it'll fit around my high profile ram and fit in the case. I had originally wanted to use the Corsair h100, but it is not longer in production and I'm iffy on buying a refurb water cooler.

What suggestions do people have that'll work with a hackintosh build?

Thank in advanced!!

Corsair makes the H100i now. The new version has a built in Corsair link. Corsair link doesn't work with OSX, but the default settings work well.

The H100i has its own fan controller. It raises and lowers the fan speed based on the cpu temp. You can get additional fan adapters and connect case fans to the H100i also. The best cooling performance is to have the fans set to bring cooler outside air through the radiator. This will raise the temps inside the case, but keep the cpu cooler.

Hmm, I was under the impression that because the software wouldn't load on OS X, then the unit itself would not operate properly. It seems as though I just will not be able to monitor and adjust it manually like i would be able to with Corsair Link (Correct me if i am wrong) If it does work than thats awesome! I have found my cooler :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back