Contribute
Register

What cable should be connected to the hackintosh card nvidia 970 with DVI or HDMI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I could have spared the cost of a GPU. :banghead:
And where do you get this revision?
Nick

I'd recommend looking at the specs of you're GPU on the manufacturers website.

I'd recommend looking at the specs of you're GPU on the manufacturers website.
I don't have an issue with my GTX 950 card. Its driver is up to date and it works well. It's just in case I could make the mobo work without it and therefore I could consider selling away the card. So the question is whether I could make the HD 530 deliver 4K via HDMI?
Nick

I don't have an issue with my GTX 950 card. Its driver is up to date and it works well. It's just in case I could make the mobo work without it and therefore I could consider selling away the card. So the question is whether I could make the HD 530 deliver 4K via HDMI?
Nick

Yeah. Intel HD 530 will deliver 4K just like HD 4600 does. HD 530 still has problems from what I've seen.

Nick

The Gigabyte specs on the GA-H170-HD3 suggest that for 60Hz refresh rate 1920 x 1200 is the maximum resolution. You can go higher with an HDMI 1.4 cable but you will be restricted to a 24Hz refresh rate - that may be just fine for your requirements, but I would suggest trying it for a week or so before you actually commit to sell your GTX950 GPU. :thumbup:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5484#sp

Last edited:
So I could have spared the cost of a GPU. :banghead:
And where do you get this revision?
Nick
It is in the board UEFI/specs - see the board specs on the OEM website for the board/CPU graphics support. For instance, from Z170N-Wifi specifications sheet:

Onboard GraphicsIntegrated Graphics Processor-Intel® HD Graphics support
  1. 1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200@60 Hz
    * The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.
  2. 2 x HDMI ports, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@24 Hz
    * Support for HDMI 1.4 version.
  3. Support for up to 3 displays at the same time
  4. Maximum shared memory of 512 MB
vs the Z170X Ultra Gaming:

Onboard GraphicsIntegrated Graphics Processor-Intel® HD Graphics support:
  1. 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@24 Hz
    * Support for HDMI 1.4 version.
  2. 1 x Mini-DisplayPort, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2304@60 Hz
    * Support for DisplayPort 1.2 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.