Contribute
Register

What bluetooth adapter should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocketfish works

The same scenario happens for me, the bluetooth will wake the computer from sleep, then immediately disconnect and reconnect after resuming from sleep. Its a real pain as it takes like 30 seconds or more after sleep to get functionality from mouse and keyboard.

Please note, this is after updating with the firmware updater 1.2.

I really dont know why it disconnects like this on my customac mini. I think it might have do something with the usb ports going to sleep, but still havent figured it out yet.

mikerf12 said:
The same scenario happens for me, the bluetooth will wake the computer from sleep, then immediately disconnect and reconnect after resuming from sleep. Its a real pain as it takes like 30 seconds or more after sleep to get functionality from mouse and keyboard.

I really dont know why it disconnects like this on my customac mini. I think it might have do something with the usb ports going to sleep, but still havent figured it out yet.

That sounds annoying. I don't use sleep at all so it looks like a good adapter for me. What's the range like for this? Does it drop out at further distances (2m -3m away)?

mikerf12 said:

I don't know either, I have tried every usb port available to me on my computer, even the ones that are supposed to stay on when the computer is off. No help. I really hope the apple bt board changes that. I do use sleep frequently. note. if i sleep with the power button and wake with the power button the trackpad and kb will stay connected indefinitely. :confused :

Let me know if everything works better with apple parts. If It does I think ill be going that route.

The RocketFish BT Micro Dongle Model RF-MRBTAD as mentioned above worked fine for me under 10.6.8 and works just as well under 10.7.2

talisman said:
The RocketFish BT Micro Dongle Model RF-MRBTAD as mentioned above worked fine for me under 10.6.8 and works just as well under 10.7.2

Cheers. I'll go with the RocketFish adapter and let everyone know how it goes. It's also the cheapest adapter I can find. :D

risemymuffins said:
talisman said:

Cheers. I'll go with the RocketFish adapter and let everyone know how it goes. It's also the cheapest adapter I can find. :D
Hey friend. Any updates?
Does this adapter work on BIOS?
The DLink one is impossible to find on Amazon, from a good source, they seem discontinued.

mikerf12 said:

Mike, it seems that you have a problem with your DSDT fix regarding USB. I've just purchased DBT-120 (rev.B3) from eBay, updated firmware through Apple Bluetooth Firmware Updater 1.2. Now everything works in Lion flawlessly, even wake from sleep and I have no disconnecting/reconnecting issues after sleep - my MM works right just after the computer wakes. Finally!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back