Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170N-WIFI (ITX)
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
R9 380X
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
... as opposed to just put in Clover/Kexts and inject?

Assuming the kext(s) does not rely on being installed, such as a hacked AppleHDA etc.

I moved all my kexts recently to inject. I can now enable SIP fully, disable kext-dev-mode and will likely not break my machine by incorrectly installing through kextbeast that fails somehow, or me installing a bad kext, which has happened on a number of occasions.

It is far easier to enter /EFI/ through Shell64 and delete/replace than entering S/L/E. Boot time is unaffected too. Not to mention kexts are unaffected beteeen upgrades or reinstalls.

I see no disadvantages. Am I missing something?

... as opposed to just put in Clover/Kexts and inject?

Assuming the kext(s) does not rely on being installed, such as a hacked AppleHDA etc.

I moved all my kexts recently to inject. I can now enable SIP fully, disable kext-dev-mode and will likely not break my machine by incorrectly installing through kextbeast that fails somehow, or me installing a bad kext, which has happened on a number of occasions.

It is far easier to enter /EFI/ through Shell64 and delete/replace than entering S/L/E. Boot time is unaffected too. Not to mention kexts are unaffected beteeen upgrades or reinstalls.

I see no disadvantages. Am I missing something?

Installing to the system volume (/L/E or /S/L/E) is more native as it allows the kexts to live in kernel cache.
Generally more stable.

Installing to the system volume (/L/E or /S/L/E) is more native as it allows the kexts to live in kernel cache.
Generally more stable.
Ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back