Sapphire Radeon 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
which xfx 5770 do you have?

there is a model which causes issues in 10.6.8/lion, however it can be flashed with a generic bios which will allow it to work

chrisbloemker said:
Hey guys I have the GA-Z68x-UD3H-B3 and i also have an XFX 5770 and it's giving me problems when I update to 10.6.8

Your 5770 will work in 10.6.8, you have to use ATI5000Controller.kext, ATIFrameBuffer.kext and ATISupport.kext from 10.6.7.

You may or may not be able to get it working in Lion if that's what you plan, depending on the exact model you have.

samisnake said:
which xfx 5770 do you have?

there is a model which causes issues in 10.6.8/lion, however it can be flashed with a generic bios which will allow it to work
really? how would I do that. I have the hd-577a-ZNFR is the sticker on the box

also thanks for the help :thumbup:

jca99 said:
chrisbloemker said:
Hey guys I have the GA-Z68x-UD3H-B3 and i also have an XFX 5770 and it's giving me problems when I update to 10.6.8

Your 5770 will work in 10.6.8, you have to use ATI5000Controller.kext, ATIFrameBuffer.kext and ATISupport.kext from 10.6.7.

You may or may not be able to get it working in Lion if that's what you plan, depending on the exact model you have.

where would I get those kexts and how do you install them, and when sorry for all the noob questions, but i've been searching this problem for days now. thanks for the help!

viewtopic.php?f=169&t=25327&hilit=ZNFR

have a read of that thread.
in there is a post about how to flash your card.
at least 1 person mentions that flashing it fixed the same model as yours.

there are risks with flashing cards, however its all mentioned in that thread

chrisbloemker said:
where would I get those kexts and how do you install them, and when sorry for all the noob questions, but i've been searching this problem for days now. thanks for the help!
The thread samisnake linked is the one to read. There is a link to the 10.6.7 kexts on page 9.

You can install them using Kext Helper B7 which can be installed from MultiBeast.

I was not able to successfully flash my card using either the 090926 bios or the Gigabyte "Batmobile" bios. Luckily I was able to use the onboard video to restore the orignal bios and get it working again.

If you attempt the bios flash route, make sure you save the original first so you have a shot at restoring it if it comes to that.

jca99 said:
chrisbloemker said:
The thread samisnake linked is the one to read. There is a link to the 10.6.7 kexts on page 9.

You can install them using Kext Helper B7 which can be installed from MultiBeast.

I was not able to successfully flash my card using either the 090926 bios or the Gigabyte "Batmobile" bios. Luckily I was able to use the onboard video to restore the orignal bios and get it working again.

If you attempt the bios flash route, make sure you save the original first so you have a shot at restoring it if it comes to that.
what about updating to 10.6.8?

ok jca99 i followed your method in the other thread with the kexts and all, multibeast failed but on reboot it kernal paniced

Attachments

• IMG_8632.JPG
    IMG_8632.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 151
and in verbose mode

Attachments

• IMG_8633.JPG
    IMG_8633.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 117
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back