Contribute
Register

What am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now re installing , will update once completed. I am using blue ports on the motherboard

Looking at the manual for your board the Blue ones are the 3gb SATA2, so that is great. Actually I think on your board even the white SATA3 ports would probably work fine. Other boards have an additional SATA3 chip, and using ports on that might cause an issue.

I am really getting aggravated on this matter. I followed the direction , I even used the bridge helper after the Combo update and Multi Beast. I think I formatted and installed more that 15 times now in multiple combinations. Did anybody here completed a sandy Bridge on GA-P67A-UD3 Board? If so would you please advise What color of SATA connnection on thes board did you use? After the installation , would you please walk me thru the steps after welcome screen to first real boot.

Regards,
Ike

So you have UD4, If you dont mind I have some questions.

1) Other than , Hpet= Enable , HPet=64bit, SATA AHCi . Did you have to change any other Bios Settings?

2) After systems Installs and enter personal details , would you please kindly tell me the steps you took to get UD4 boot?

I appriciate the time and effort.

Regards/ ike

I don't any more, but I did, I also had an Asus and an MSI board, all of which worked fine. I installed the upgrade to 10.6.5, then multibeasy, easy beast, make sure you also rebuild the caches at this stage, then the bridge helper, reboot and it was fine. No other special BIOS settings no.

are you still getting stuck at

"still waiting for root device"

Can you boot back into the load if you first boot with the iboot legacy disk?

I have a couple more questions. Are you repairing your file permissions with multi beast? Also if you are able to boot into the drive after booting with iBoot, you can just take a deep breath.

Your close to getting this to the next step.

Now, here is the Recap;

1) Rechecked the BIOS config to match;
a) Load Optimized Settings
b) SATA = AHCI
c) HPET = Enable
d) HPET = 64bit

2) Insert Iboot Legacy then Switched the disk To Snow Leopard 10.6.3 retail DVD

3) DUID and Mac Extended Journaled.

4) Restared as progress demanded , Second Phase of installation begins from HDD . IBoot legacy disk is still in the drive

5) Install completed and personal info entered.

6) System greats me with password question and Safe Boot highlighted with Red.

7) 10.6.5 combo update

8) Multi beast ; with Easy beast and repair permissions and ... checked

9) Bridge helper installed

10) and finally restart.

11) hold breathe .

did i miss a step?

Regards
ike

I followed the steps that I stated above, guess what still the same thing. I am running out of ideas.

SMC Platform Plugin start - wait for service (Resource matching (AppleIntelCPUPower Management ) timed out .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back