Contribute
Register

What am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello i have the same problem... Every time i boot i have a kernel panic.
I'm a bit of a noob but maybe you guys can help me out.
I have the same motherboard GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD5 combined with a geforce 480 gtx.

But how can i install the audio without dsdt? and what about the network connection?

Please help me out!

Gr Rob

Rob_187 said:
Hello i have the same problem... Every time i boot i have a kernel panic.
I'm a bit of a noob but maybe you guys can help me out.
I have the same motherboard GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD5 combined with a geforce 480 gtx.

But how can i install the audio without dsdt? and what about the network connection?

Please help me out!

Gr Rob
Create your own thread posting a picture of the kernel panic prior to booting with the -v flag.

Thanks for your suggestion! However, I went for the risk and installed Lion without a DSDT, and it's running perfectly! The only things I didn't do include:

- Didn't install DSDT (including EasyBeast)
- DID install my own sound driver (ALC889)
- DID install USB 3.0

I'm not too certain as to whether I should attempt to install anything else at this point as I've been trying for so long to get this system working, and it is doing so perfectly (sound, display, network, usb and so on).

The one thing I would love to get working are my dual graphics cards, however this looks to be a rather hard to do (all I want is to use 3 screens, but 2 will do for now!)

Same happened to me. I was always using UserDSDT from the Database and always got Kernel Panic.
All the Unibeast installation process was perfect until Multibeast. So I decided not to install the DSDT and try EasyBeast. Now everything works perfect.
I don't know what is happening with the DSDT of this motherboard.

Can you please tell me in steps what you did because i have got the same problem.

i installled lion on my GA-x58A-UD5 motherboard with unibeast usb drive.
No problems at all when i entered lion the first time, he even recognized my GTX 480 Gigabyte graphic card. But after the multibeast install with the following install notes.
see link:
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/4250 ... 5at123.png

I got this Kernel Panic when i boot Lion without USB....

see link:

http://imageshack.us/f/846/kernelpanic.jpg/

Please help me with this because i tried it with easybeast but my graphic card won't show a higher resolution then 1024... I don't know what to do arghhhh!!!

Gr Rob

Try PCIRootUID=1 in org.chameleon.Boot.plist and probably you will get full resolution

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=1</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>