Contribute
Register

What am I doing wrong with Nvidia Graphics!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel i7 32gb of ram
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
GTX-760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard. I have gone through the Bios setup procedures and when installing via Unibeast/Multibeast and ML 10.8.2 I could not use my GTX-470 card (Gigabyte brand) Every time it would get to the apple screen with the spinning wheel my monitor would loose signal when ML would start to load. I went through the entire install process using the internal graphics card and was hoping after I had the OS installed and updated my Nvidia card would start working again. I attempted to add the card back in and hooked my monitor back up but it still did not work, when it moved past the apple screen with the spinning wheel it would loose signal. I tried a couple of the options in Multibeast and encountered the same thing every time. I even attempted to use PCIRootUID=0 and GraphicsEnabler=No boot arguments and the same thing. I have an older GTS-450 and I attempted to use that but it did the same thing.

What am I missing, I seem to be missing something to fully enable my GTX-470, which I thought it would just work, but I get the loss of signal/Black Screen when Mountain Lion stats to load. If there is anything I can provide to help troubleshoot this please let me know.

Are their certain brands of graphics cards that are not compatible, this is driving me up the wall not being able to get this working.

Well my problem seems to have everything to do with Bios settings on my Gigabyte motherboard. If I set the bios up to boot to the built in Intel card first it will fire up my Nvidia card in windows and everything is great. If I turn off the internal graphics card or set it up to use PEG first my GTX-470 will not work. Very strange, I have tried many different combos in the bios and enabling the internal card first is the only way it works. What I loose in this is the ability to see the bios screen, and Chameleon, but I can still get to the Apple login screen on my main display and everything works fine. If anyone has any bios ideas to try to fix this I would really appreciate it!!!

I have the same hardware! Same issue! You figure it out yet?

okay maybe this will help. I hooked up two monitors so I could see the boot screen with onboard graphics and have gtx470 running the desktop after its all up and running. I think the error message is our fix "error: datable_version is 0x1" "error: nvidia rom patching failed!"
I see this only when the onboard is enabled first, without it the gtx470 will not fire up. I have no idea on what is all means, but I bet one of the guys in here can help!

Hey Guys,

I have a very similar issue where my graphics card works fine after i immediately shut down but then stops working when I turn my machine on the next day. Its always fine if i restart within short periods of time. When I try to start my machine the next morning I'm unable to get into Bios, the screen stays blank! In this initial process I completely disabled the internal Graphics port in Bios and chose PCI as my prefered INIT Graphics Display.

I have now followed your advice and enabled the internal graphics in bios first but still get the same problem with the only difference where the external Graphics card eventually works after moving between in internal and external a number of times. At least this way i can eventually get the graphics card going but is a pain in the A...!

So what changes overnight? Why would everything be OK during my turning off and on a number of times during my build and then no longer works the next morning????

This has to be a BIOS or Graphics card issue as the problem is there way before the Operating system even starts. Unless there is something I'm missing. So the big question is..... do i change my Mobo or Graphics Card?

Graphics Card: Asus GT640 2GD3
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H

BTW.... As my motherboard and CPU has the Intel HD4000 internal graphics enabled, everything works really well without the GT640 graphics card. But i need it because I use virtualisation and dual screens quite a lot. I want something more than what the internal graphics offers.

This worked for me:
1. Set onboard graphics to boot first in bios.
2. Connected monitors to both the onboard and PciExpress gtx470 graphics. So I could see information from both cards at all time.
3.Did a complete partition format and clean install with unibeast ML 10.8.2
4. Used multibeast to get everything running. BUT THIS TIME I DIDNT INSTALL ANY GRAPHICS DRIVERS AT ALL! 10.8.2 has new drivers
already. I used multibeast for audio, network, and boot menu only.
5. At this piont the onboard and gtx470 where both working in the osx.
6. Shut down and disabled the onboard completely in the bios.

FROM THIS PIONT ALL HAS BEED KICK BUTT!!! GTX470 RUNNING LIKE A CAMP!
and a good thing too.... because i was about to go CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys read MacMerlin's post #15 in this thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-ad...tibility-mountain-lion-10-8-2-hackintosh.html

I used his advice on points on Graphics enabler, the Nvidia drivers, but most importantly the appleacpipiatform.kext tip,

loaded that by using the kext beast to get my GTX650ti running.

From the reading I've done it appears there's some glitches with that kext in 10.8.2 that is messing things up and by installing the previous one it works better for the cards.

I'm a total noob to be honest but it sounds like we're in similar boats here, so thought I'd share my findings.

This is a month old now but I stepped away from my build a bit, and came back to it a few weeks ago. I installed using the HD 3000, and then turned that off in my bios once ML was installed, once I rebooted ML recognized the GTX 470 just fine and everything works. I even upgraded to a GTX-580 and had no problems. I really just comes down to the fact that ML does not like the Nvidia cards during install it seems.

I have same Mobo and GTX470. I have same issues as you. I have discovered that if i don't install any AppleHDA audio kext from Multibeast my GTX works with GraphicsEnabler=yes but I don't have sound. But if i install AppleHDA to get sound i can't get work any Nvidia that has HDMI output I have onw QVS 295 and it works perfect becuase it hasn't HDMI.

I'm working to solve it making a perfect DSDT.

Have you solved it installing with 3 monitors attached to the hack (2 GTX and 1 HD4000)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back