Graphics
RX 6600
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I can get my Gigabyte MoBo working no worries, just this Asus MoBo for my kid.

Can boot ML 10.8.2 on USB, when I choose "Red Apple" to install ML, it works to boot into setup then just hangs on grey screen with the thinking circle working around the clock. I leave it like this for 1/2 hour or so and still nothing. Can't move past this point.

P8H77-M Pro mobo - Bios 1003
G860 CPU 3.0GHZ
4GB 1333 DDR3

I have tried AHCI and IDE settings, etc. Just stuck at this point... ANY IDEAS and HELP PLEASE :)

THANKS

A good tip: start first with reading the guides or threads in the golden builds section. Just to see which parts are used.

With this mobo I suggest going with ivy bridge cpu's like i3-3225 or i5-3570k. It's the best you can do.

Hi and THANKS ALL.!! :D

You need a cheap GPU or a cpu with HD3000 or HD4000.

A good tip: start first with reading the guides or threads in the golden builds section. Just to see which parts are used.

With this mobo I suggest going with ivy bridge cpu's like i3-3225 or i5-3570k. It's the best you can do.

I did read and posted, it was suggested I get a G630 CPU, G860 was only extra $10 :(
Oh well.

Will buying a Video Card assist at all without need to change CPU??

Otherwise I'lll drop in an i3-3xxx

CHEERS!!!

You need a cheap GPU or a cpu with HD3000 or HD4000.

Also you need to flash the BIOS with modded BIOS ROM file from here for native PM support > http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/asus/z68/

Is it the P8Z68-M Pro mod'd bios I need?? I have P8H77-M Pro and not sure.

This iHack is for my 8yo to play Roblox on, a i3/i5 would be overkill I reckon.

THANKS and excuse my component ignorance... I'm sticking with Gigabyte boards in future :D

Just noticed there is no modded BIOS ROM file for your motherboards in that link.
Download the latest BIOS available for that motherboard form the asus website and attach in the link below and as samisnake to patch it.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/43486-asus-1155-patched-bios-repository-96.html

There is nothing wrong with your motherboard. I would buy Asus over gigabyte moterboards.

The BIOS flashing is a one time thing to have native power management support.
Tiny change done to the BIOS ROM file downloaded from Asus website.

Got it sorted, once I slowed down a bit :)

THANKS for your help ppl :D

If you want to stick with this cpu you need a gpu. Don't know anything about Roblox so there I can't give any recommondations. I don't play therefore I'm ok with my Asus EN210 (Nvidia) and the intel HD4000 (see sig.). Both work perfect under ML (no need to edit kext or anything else). The Asus one is weaker than the HD4000.

Just look around the forum which one is ok for you and works oob. I would recommend going the Nvidia way.
But think your sun is getting older and wants to play better games. Do you want to upgrade every year. If not sell the pentium and buy the i3-3225. In one year upgrade to a stronger gpu (if needed) and after two/three years you can remove the i3 and replace it with an i5/i7. IB chipset and IB cpu is a good combination (for avoiding installation problems). Just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back