Contribute
Register

What about nvidia? Bugs talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming from Laptop hackintosh to desktop hackintosh i have zero kernel panic till date no re-installation of drivers ,Sleep is working and lastly Overclocking also @5ghz see my neofetch old but still same (dual monitor)

You should check forums there are plenty of them but there is a small and best guide for nvidia web drivers

Head toward this github page or you can open terminal and paste this command
Code:
bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update/master/nvidia-update.sh)
rest it will do it

I don't need to install the Nvidia web drivers. They are already there. I'm also using ngfxcompat=1 boot argument. That should bypass the version check.

The Nvidia web drivers are becoming an increasing source of annoyance. I'm leaning heavily towards just picking up an AMD card to replace it.

I'm also using ngfxcompat=1 boot argument.

Did you remember to include -lilubeta kernel flag?
And you might check the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext documentation to see if it requires a similar flag to work with beta versions.

Did you remember to include -lilubeta kernel flag?
And you might check the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext documentation to see if it requires a similar flag to work with beta versions.

Yes, I already had -lilubetaall and -ngfxbeta in boot arguments. The same system has full acceleration with the Intel HD 530 after I pulled the Nvidia card.

Yes, I already had -lilubetaall and -ngfxbeta in boot arguments. The same system has full acceleration with the Intel HD 530 after I pulled the Nvidia card.

You should verify Nvidia kexts loaded by looking at ioreg.
(if you have a reference ioreg where you had it working and one note, you can train yourself to know what to look for...)

Might be NVRAM related if not working.

I'm with you on the Nvidia situation though... Seems that AMD is a better choice at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back