Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Is this for storage or for a boot drive?

I personally prefer WD as I have had bad experience with Seagate drives, but others have had bad experience with WD, so flip a coin.
Any of the 7200/10,000 rpm drives are OK for boot drives.

Yea they are both boot drives, I want to go with WD but the otherong has a 64nb catch but with WD it only has a 32MB catch, so I'm. Not sure what one to get
Flip a coin :mrgreen:
either one will work.

Yup flip a coin :)

I'm currently using a Seagate 1TB boot drive.
Meanwhile, I want to throw out the window a WD data drive I'm using on this same computer.
Maxtors are good too, sometimes they're bad too.

Pick a brand, any brand. They can be good/bad. I guess depends on the model/time/year/season/batch.

Yup flip a coin :)

I'm currently using a Seagate 1TB boot drive.
Meanwhile, I want to throw out the window a WD data drive I'm using on this same computer.
Maxtors are good too, sometimes they're bad too.

Pick a brand, any brand. They can be good/bad. I guess depends on the model/time/year/season/batch.

to All
Its more to the question was it before the flood or after the flood as before was good and reliable, not expensive; after is crap ,much more expensive and reliabity went out the window.

I hope we all noticed ( or have ) that the HD manufactures have dropped their warrenty lengths for most drives to 1 year.
That speaks highly about their products and if you have to submitt a claim you are out a drive for up to a month - try that w a Raid array - better to have them on hand (and test the MF before you store it) cause it will fail most likey after you take it out of the box.
I think we are seeing the end of large rotational Hard Drives but the cost of large SSD are a joke - it's just ram guys !

I used to like Samsung - the factory that made them was moved (guess where) once Seagate bought the HD Unit. So the old 2 gb were my favorite but now the reviews are a mixed bag (cause there labled Seagate) - I have Hitachi too but they are pending purchase by WD - so we only have two vendors now - but If I had to pick a brand it would be WD or Seagate ...wait I am getting confused ... the light is fading....
Ah....well soon enough they will all be junk and it won't matter.

Heck I would talk to resellers and get their opinion on what they use /sell / and find out which manufacture services them better when they have a claim as this would change by geography - East West North South Pacific Rim UK zone etc.

PPS has anyone noticed the pricing on Enterprize Drives they were high before the flood they are insane after ... what did the workers all get raise's .... oh I see we have to pay for the Clean up .... isnt that called the cost of doing Bussiness.

I am sorry what was the question again ...Hmmm I think WD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back