3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone can help. I had a completely working system with a 9800gtx+ and a creative x-fi using voodoo 0.2.7.2. Working great!. I decided it was time to upgrade my video card to a 660ti. Everything went great, just had to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No, and it was super easy, however. I've noticed that my sound has been taken over by the 660ti hdmi for it looks like every layout. I'm just wondering the best way of either restoring my sound with the creative xfi, or a good way to just use my onboard audio 889. I'm not using a dsdt btw.

Thanks again for this community!!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-21 at 8.48.59 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-06-21 at 8.48.59 AM.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 189
Anybody seen this before? I'm at a loss.

Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone can help. I had a completely working system with a 9800gtx+ and a creative x-fi using voodoo 0.2.7.2. Working great!. I decided it was time to upgrade my video card to a 660ti. Everything went great, just had to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No, and it was super easy, however. I've noticed that my sound has been taken over by the 660ti hdmi for it looks like every layout. I'm just wondering the best way of either restoring my sound with the creative xfi, or a good way to just use my onboard audio 889. I'm not using a dsdt btw.

Thanks again for this community!!!!

VoodooHDA is not really the way to go but some do not have a choice. I'm not sure which motherboard you are using so I can't give an example what to install for Audio. You can check your motherboard manufacturers website for the specification. The reason that you have 4 HDMI outputs is probably how many are accessible on your board/graphics card.

You can remove VoodooHDA.kext from it's install location /System/Library/Extensions and VoodooHDA.prefpane located in /System/Library/PreferencePanes. Then install your motherboard audio codec from MultiBeast. Repair permissions in Disk Utility before you restart.

ok, so you think its better to just drop the xfi and the whole voodoo kext, being that its kinda unstable? To be honest, I really haven't had any issues with it, until installing this videocard. Would reinstalling voodoo again, repair permissions and restart hurt anything, or do anything?

ok, so you think its better to just drop the xfi and the whole voodoo kext, being that its kinda unstable? To be honest, I really haven't had any issues with it, until installing this videocard. Would reinstalling voodoo again, repair permissions and restart hurt anything, or do anything?

That is entirely up to you. If you want to install Voodoo again if won't hurt anything, it will be the same as it is now or was if you have deleted it.

It is possible to get HDMI audio to work with your graphics card and having the option of changing output selections in sound preferences. To get HDMI audio to work it requires extracting/patching a DSDT.

Which motherboard are you using? There are threads created by toleda on how to do this.

I'm using a eVga 760 classified x58.

You should be able to get your audio working correctly. You audio codec is 889. Which can be added in MultiBeast. You are using a DSDT for your motherboard already?

Did you only install Voodoo to get sound through your graphics card TV?

I'm not using any dsdt for this. I did try installing the 889 from multibeast, but my system kernel panics until i removed that kext that was added. Not sure if I'm missing something. Should I have deleted all traced of voodoo first, then repair permissions, install 889, repair permissions again, reboot and then enable onboard audio?
And also, I don't want, and don't plan on using the hdmi audio at all. Thats why when 4 of them showed up and replaced everything I current;y had, I was a little surprised.

I'm not using any dsdt for this. I did try installing the 889 from multibeast, but my system kernel panics until i removed that kext that was added. Not sure if I'm missing something. Should I have deleted all traced of voodoo first, then repair permissions, install 889, repair permissions again, reboot and then enable onboard audio?
And also, I don't want, and don't plan on using the hdmi audio at all. Thats why when 4 of them showed up and replaced everything I current;y had, I was a little surprised.

It probably wasn't the ALC889 from MultiBeast that caused the Kernel panic. More than likely it was Voodoo. Yes remove all traces of Voodoo from the two locations I posted yesterday. Install ALC889 from MultiBeast, then repair permissions, restart and take a look in sound preferences. Fingers crossed.

Ok, Totally worked!!!! Removed all traces of voodoo, and installed the 889 again, repaired permission, rebooted, and voila.... Everything is perf. I even have full optical out now!!!! Thanks again!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back