Motherboard
Asus Prime Z370-P
CPU
i5-9400F
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi. Hope someone can help with an issue I am having with my hackintosh. Built in mid2019. All the while with no issues whatsoever.

My system is running Intel Core i5-9400 on an Asus Prime Z-370P motherboard, running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6

I am connected to my router via cable. My normal Internet connection speed is >500mbps.

As of last week, my speed has gone down to 20+ mbps on this system. Techs from my ISP came to check out my Internet connection, they found no issues. And when I unplug the network cable from this system and plug it into a Windows laptop, I get >500mbps. Plug it back to my hackintosh, back to 20+.

I have tried different versions of the Realtek RTL8111 network drivers. Still have the same problem. Done clean install of MacOS to 10.15.5. Same problem.

Any ideas how to fix or what could be the problem? Thank you!

Last edited:
I think I got what was causing the issue. I had Adguard installed. Latest version of this probably screwed up my system. Have used previous versions with no issues. Thanks !

I think I got what was causing the issue. I had Adguard installed. Latest version of this probably screwed up my system. Have used previous versions with no issues. Thanks !

OK no... this morning, did another speedtest... same connection issues. Only getting 20+ mbps speed again.

Appreciate if anyone can advise what could be causing this issue. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back