Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Weird problem for a newbie: desperately seeking help !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GT 740
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi everyone,

I have been in a weird situation for 2 days and I can't find any solution. I am sure I can find solution here. This is my only chance.

I have one desktop hackintosh (High Sierra) and a late 2012 macbookpro .
*My hackintosh specs o at the bottom of the thread.

All begin with the macbook. When it wakes when I open it, it was slow but I don't mind it it's an old machine, so it happens to be getting faster after a wake-up few minutes later.
The Google Chrome was running but minimized when I open it, but I can't maximize the app. It keeps showing color spinning ball and I coldnt close it. I tried to force quit it but I couldnt make anything worked, anything at all.

I open it in safe mode and deleted chrome. I force shut down it open it but nothing worked again. The same spinning wheel keeps turning.

I remembered that once in a time I read something like a nvram reset to fix a situation like this. So I tried it and thnx God it worked. I reinstall chrome , I am writing you from the Macbook.

But my worst nightmare happened that all of the above happened at the hackintosh too.

When I opened it. Chrome and opera were running but minimized on the dock, same annoying spinning ball was turning, and nothing else working. I force quit both, but I can't open anything, even the terminal.

I wanted to do the same nvram reset, but I can't do it. I pressed alt+cmd+r+p right after clover , but it ignores and opens the system same way, or I can't get the safe mode.

I read a thread on Tonymac that says press F11 on clover menu to nvram reset

I press it, pc restarts again, system starts with the same issues. Nothing changes. I do something wrong or missing something.

I'm sorry for my English and I know I wrote very long, a lot in order to be clear and don't miss a thing.

Dear All me and all the family rely on and need this machine, I'm really in a desperate position.

Is there anything I can do, please help me

thank you all from now

My System

High Sierra
Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3
i7-4790K
GT 740
16 gb ram
1 ssd + 3 HDD

Update 1.

I managed to enter single person verbose mode from clover with -s argument entered nvram -c
nothing changed

I entered safe mode with - x argument. It works fine in safe mode. I opened terminal and entered sudo nvram -c then I entered sudo reboot, it rebooted but nothing changed I also deleted some unused login items like WDutil etc.. in my second safe mode attempt but nothing changed.

*******Update 2.*******

This is made me freak out.

As I mention before my macbook turned ok before this mornin when I start it all the problems happened again. I made nvram clean (alt+cmd+R+p) several times but it didn't worked. I safe boot it and then removed chrome and opera again and removed drive and google chrome from login items. Then I made nvram clean again. Its working now.

I can't understand does Chrome making all this mess ?? Is this some king a virus or something ????

As I mention before my macbook turned ok before this mornin when I start it all the problems happened again.
If this is about a Macbook Pro problem, why post in High Sierra Desktop support ? Try to stay on topic in regard to just your Gigabyte system. You have an older Mac and an older Haswell hackintosh. If you're not running both of these on solid state drives you should be doing so. They are very inexpensive. Chrome is huge these days and it is a memory hog so it's not surprising that you get spinning beach balls. 16GB should be plenty of ram so upgrade your HDD to SSD if you are still booting from one.

Last edited:
If this is about a Macbook problem, why post in High Sierra Desktop support ?
I m so sorry and thank you for you respond but as I mentioned in my first message main problem is on my High Sierra built that's why I wrote here. Macbook detail is for that its the case happening together with the HS built together. If I did it wrong I can do anything to move my post you will show me

Update 1.

I managed to enter single person verbose mode from clover with -s argument entered nvram -c
nothing changed

I entered safe mode with - x argument. It works fine in safe mode. I opened terminal and entered sudo nvram -c then I entered sudo reboot, it rebooted but nothing changed I also deleted some unused login items like WDutil etc.. in my second safe mode attempt but nothing changed.

*******Update 2.*******

This is made me freak out.

As I mention before my macbook turned ok before this mornin when I start it all the problems happened again. I made nvram clean (alt+cmd+R+p) several times but it didn't worked. I safe boot it and then removed chrome and opera again and removed drive and google chrome from login items. Then I made nvram clean again. Its working now.

I can't understand does Chrome making all this mess ?? Is this some king a virus or something ????
or just remove any items from here to stop them from opening on startup:

Snip20220323_1.png

or just remove any items from here to stop them from opening on startup:

View attachment 544751
Dear Feartech thank you for your quick reponse I was doing the same thing you advised.

Yes I deleted everything nothing left there both are working ok for now, but I am really really scared, my both systems worked with no problem and at one point all turn in to a mess. I really cant understand the cause of it.

Anyway its working for now I hope It keeps going like that, but I will wait tomorrow , I still cant trust it :)

thank you very very much you are very very kind.

My all best regards you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back