Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hi there,

so I've ran into the Issue that my Hackintosh has a black screen (light is blue/on but the pixels themselves are off) after booting(the apple logo) when trying to use the RX 570 (4GB PowerColor edition) via DVI as I can't test DP or HDMI.

Now heres the weird part:
After setting my Primary Video Card to Onboard in UEFI and trying to just boot with the iGPU (InjectIntel) the system boots but the Screen thats attached to my IGPU is black (powered on but blank screen/pixels turned on) and my RX570 works completely flawlessly. (I still have to blindly drag windows if thers any on the IGPU screen).

Things I've tried to get the card working on its own:
- InjectATI on/off
- RadeonDeInit on/off
- Load VBios on/off
- a mix of the above mentioned

but it always loads to the final boot phase, gets some screen artifacts and the screen blanks/the pixels shut off. Tried googling it but no one seems to have that issue.

Any help would be more than appreciated

Update:
Apparently it works completely flawlessly as long as the Primary Graphics Adapter in UEFI is Onboard. The Bootscreen shows up on the iGPU screen but everything else happens on the Main monitor

Update:
Apparently it works completely flawlessly as long as the Primary Graphics Adapter in UEFI is Onboard. The Bootscreen shows up on the iGPU screen but everything else happens on the Main monitor

dGPU + IGPU setup, the IGPU should be configured as headless mode (empty video framebuffer), not connected to monitor

dGPU + IGPU setup, the IGPU should be configured as headless mode (empty video framebuffer), not connected to monitor

Is there no other way? As I am using the monitor on the iGPU as a bedside monitor (for the times when i dont wanna get up) and I kinda need to see the clover menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back