Contribute
Register

Weird issue on audio devices. Cyrillic alphabet names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z390 Gaming X
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I'm having a strange problem, it's only a cosmetic issue, but anyway it's annoying. Some weeks ago a tried Mojave beta on my system but I had no audio, so I decided to wait until official launch, and when updated after that I had to use uninstall previous audio method with the Toleda guide and reinstall again. After that I got audio but the audio device's names on 10.14 (beta) where in English (while my system is in Spanish) and now on 10.14.1 (beta) names are in Cyrillic alphabet :crazy:

I tried to reinstall original AppleHDA from mojave 10.14 installer but still on Cyrillic.

Anybody with some clue on this?

Audio.jpg

Thanks for your time people!

I'm having a strange problem, it's only a cosmetic issue, but anyway it's annoying. Some weeks ago a tried Mojave beta on my system but I had no audio, so I decided to wait until official launch, and when updated after that I had to use uninstall previous audio method with the Toleda guide and reinstall again. After that I got audio but the audio device's names on 10.14 (beta) where in English (while my system is in Spanish) and now on 10.14.1 (beta) names are in Cyrillic alphabet :crazy:

I tried to reinstall original AppleHDA from mojave 10.14 installer but still on Cyrillic.

Anybody with some clue on this?

View attachment 353570

Thanks for your time people!

I have the same issue, did you find a solution to this?

EDIT: Issue has been solved by reinstalling the native AppleHDA.kext from the Mojave 10.4.2 update.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back