Motherboard
GA-P55-USB3
CPU
i5-760
Graphics
GTX 970
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I managed to get my system update to High Sierra (it was pretty uneventful once I got it underway). But I have a slightly weird thing going on with selected files in Finder, and I've seen the same thing on blue graphical buttons, where there's orange color on my screen that shouldn't be. Check out the attached files, one is a photo of the screen and the other is a screenshot taken by the system. Clearly the OS thinks the highlight is all blue, but that's not what's being displayed on the monitor.

What the.... any ideas what's up? Running Nvidia Web Driver 387.10.10.10.40.105, the latest according to the driver manager pref pane. Also, if I go to System Preferencess, General, and change the highlight color, the extra color changes to a different contrasting color, for example if the highlight color chosen is yellow, the extra color is a purplish color, and is also only visible on screen in the finder window and not in a screenshot.

photo.jpg screenshot.png

So I was poking around, and discovered that I could make the problem go away by choosing a different color profile under Display in System Preferences... and then later when I selected the actual profile for my monitor again, the problem didn't come back. Don't know what was wrong, but at least it's better. Hopefully it stays fixed after next restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back