RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I have Catalina 10.15.6 installed, everything is working great, can't tell the difference between my hackintosh and my real mac's but one issue is bugging me from the beginning and I just don't know how to fix it.

Prelinked kernel boot error. First I had that problem when I was multi booting with windows an figured they were causing the problem, got tired of it, removed windows and everything was great for a while.

The other day I decided to make a carbon copy clone of my Catalina system drive on a usb drive. Then booted with the usb drive to see if it would work and it did. Shutdown the machine, unplugged the usb drive powered the machine on again and tried to boot to Catalina on my internal drive....nothing..prelinked kernel error.

When this thing happens the only option I have is to reset my bios with the motherboard pins, set it up again and then everything works like nothing ever happened.

I have attached my EFI if anybody can figure this thing out.

Attachments

• IMG_3110.jpg
    IMG_3110.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 41
  • EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
No expert here, but looked at your EFI folder. Take or leave my comments as you wish, and good luck!

1) In your ACPI/patched folder you should not have "SSDT-USBX.dsl" ... wrong language for a computer. (Keep "SSDT-USBX.aml" which is ACPI machine language.)
2) In your drivers/UEFI folder, the "EmuVariableUefi.efi" file is only needed if you need to emulate NVRAM. The 300-series motherboards by Gigabyte are missing native NVRAM, but you can fix that by placing the attached "SSDT-PMC.aml" file in your ACPI/patched folder. Then "EmuVariableUefi.efi" can be deleted, since the attached SSDT re-enables native NVRAM.
3) In your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, VirtualSMC.kext is version 1.1.3, should be updated to 1.1.5 or whatever is the latest. Lilu.kext is version 1.4.4, should be 1.4.5. WhateverGreen.kext is 1.3.9, should be 1.4.0. AppleALC.kext is 1.4.9, should be 1.5.0. I am not familiar with the other kexts in that folder.
4) In your Kernel and Kext Patches window, I think your "Apple RTC" box should be checked. There are many differences between your config.plist and mine that are beyond me, so I'll stay quiet on those.

Attachments

• SSDT-PMC.aml.zip
    981 bytes · Views: 50
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back