Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I rushed through this in one day and it shows in some parts. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and If I ever do another one I will know how to make it perfect. My hard drive mounting solution is a bit primitive but it will have to work until I get my drive cage. Also does anyone have the four pin wiring pinout for the 80mm fans I looked around on Google and found some pinouts but nothing that matched the four pins or perhaps my other fan was just dead already.

I blew-up one the fans originally, I would like to save the other until I can just buy some replacement fans. I didn't use the traditional JB weld 2 part epoxy; I used the JB Weld SteelStik stuff because I knew it would dry super quickly and fill in some of my gaps like bondo and its easy to sand down. The front I/O panel works great just need to sleeve the wiring so it looks cleaner. I also plan on putting in the bottom PSU cover just need to cut it up with the grinding wheel.

Let me know what you think.

I rushed through this in one day and it shows in some parts. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and If I ever do another one I will know how to make it perfect. My hard drive mounting solution is a bit primitive but it will have to work until I get my drive cage. Also does anyone have the four pin wiring pinout for the 80mm fans I looked around on Google and found some pinouts but nothing that matched the four pins or perhaps my other fan was just dead already.

I blew-up one the fans originally, I would like to save the other until I can just buy some replacement fans. I didn't use the traditional JB weld 2 part epoxy; I used the JB Weld SteelStik stuff because I knew it would dry super quickly and fill in some of my gaps like bondo and its easy to sand down. The front I/O panel works great just need to sleeve the wiring so it looks cleaner. I also plan on putting in the bottom PSU cover just need to cut it up with the grinding wheel.

Let me know what you think.

Welcome to the tonymacx86.com forum. Please read the rules and complete the profile so that we can assist with problems.

The wiring diagram for the fans is here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/powermac-g5/131621-my-first-g5-case-mod.html and I just checked the 80mm fan pin out and the diagram is correct. However I suggest that you use 5 VDC and not 12 VDC as these fans are very noisy when driven directly by DC voltage.

I was wondering about your memory. It appeared to me that you have two sticks in adjacent motherboard slots. Normally memory goes in the alternate slots (memory sockets are color coded).

Anyway, I enjoyed your photos and keep it up.

Good modding,
neil

I should now be in compliance with the forum rules, and you are right my memory was only running in single channel. Quick Eye. All is solved now.

Thanks, I will revisit the pin-out you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back