Contribute
Register

Webcam for my Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
ajburnet said:
Hi - I'm running 10.6.6 with a C300. I have video but cannot seem to get the audio working correctly (it is selected as the input in preferences). It worked fine in 10.6.4 prior to upgrade.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Alex.

Try re-running multibeast (latest version), select "system utilities", Under Audio Kexts, select "ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback"
Install.
Reboot.
Set up the webcam again in system preferences.
Let us know if it works.
I'm a Noob but that's what I would do.
If it doesn't work then someone else should be able to help.

I can't get my C310 sound working on photobooth. It works on factime though. Any suggestions?

If you want to go the iSight route and you are able to find a FireWire card that will install on your board that route might work. They're probably the best camera you can find that works OOB with Macs and your own machine as well. The iSight sometimes comes across on eBay once and awhile for a reasonable price.

DoctorWho said:
Dr. Who? said:
melon said:
I takes this back, I am having an issue. Sometimes the applications like Photo Booth and iChat will not display the video, yet the activity light on the camera is active. The usually happens after I wake my system from sleep. To resolve this, I just have to disconnect my webcam then reconnect it.
My C910HD works good after wake from sleep.
I have the same problem with you, but my problem was after reboot the camera was dead.
So, I remove the "Method (_S3D, 0, NotSerialized)..." from UHC and EHC.
After that, no matter after reboot or wake from sleep, the camera will working.
The only problem is I can't use C910 in iMovie.
I can use this camera in PhotoBooth, iChat, FaceTime and Quicktime.

DoctorWho said:
I just got a Logitech C910 HD Web Cam, and it works great in both Mac and Windows 7.

+1 here, works great and very good audio quality.

I got the problem of this webcam.
If you use only in Mac OS, even after sleep/wake, C910 works perfectly.
However, after you boot into Windows, when you back to Mac OS, it will stop working in photobooth, Quicktime, iChat.
The interesting thing is it still work in FaceTime...
So, if you launch FaceTime, then launch Photo Booth, Photo Booth also work.
It's strange, I don't know why.
Seems after boot into Windows, some of the setting was changed.
The only way to make it become normal, just unplug and plug it again.
Maybe DSDT edit is needed to fix this problem.

Regarding the Logitech C910 webcam.

Can anyone who owns one of these please confirm that it sends HD video (720p) during Skype calls? Skype just got updated to 5.2 for Macs and it states the B910 is supported now (as with the C910 I assume) for HD video calls. Logitech has OSX software on their website specifically for the C910. http://www.logitech.com/en-us/435/6816?section=downloads&WT.ac=sc|downloads||dd

Perhaps the software fixes the sleep issues?

Thanks in advance.

I got a Logitech C510 for mine. It works great with iChat with all the effects working, Photobooth, Skype and Yahoo. It's HD and probably one of the easiest to obtain if you are in the US. I found mine at Target for $41.99. From my research the C*10 series from Logitech are OOB ready and UVC (Universal Video Class) compliant as well. I am also posting a link to a site which has a good selection of UVC webcams for OS X as well as a link to the list of UVC webcams sold by Logitech. Happy hunting :)

Link to site with UVC compatible webcams
http://www.mac-compatible-web-cam.com/index.html

List of UVC compliant Logitech webcams
http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6471/related/1

Hope the above info helps

I had an orbit and sold it as to many problems, tried the xbox cam - was ok but issues, sprung for a logitech c910 HD > logitech provide mac software so its perfect and the picture is amazing - I have to make sure the lounge is tidy before I go on line as viewers see EVERYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back