Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus z97 Sabertooth Mark s
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
GTX 1070
I managed to recently install high Sierra with Nvidia drivers and I have been able to get 4k working at 60hz. The next problem I had was getting sound to play through my tv which I use as a monitor. It seems like Toledo is the preferred solution but I was only able to get it to work with voodoohda. I guess my first question is if there is any drawbacks to this and If it is worth the effort trying to make it work with Toledo?

Apart from the audio thing there are two bigger problems I need to fix. The first problem is that my Logitech webcam isn't being detected but somehow the microphone on it is. However I am not able to use it for siri but I can speak things into google translate. Every time I try to use Siri she immediately says "can you repeat that again" without even giving me time to say anything. Also all the failed attempts to record me just stay on the desktop and won't go away unless I restart the computer.

Actually I also have a third problem that I would like to fix if I can. It is something that I also experienced on windows and I was hoping it would go away on Mac. Whenever I am away from my computer for a while my screen just turns black and says "no signal". I know this is something that is probably specific to using a tv as a monitor. It is unpleasant to look at though and I would really rather have a Mac screen saver instead. Is it possible to have a screen saver circumvent the tv's software? If anyone can help me solve any of these issues I would greatly appreciate it.

Can someone at least help me fix the web cam? I really need it to record programing videos. Maybe I will do hackintosh related stuff too. Right now I cant use quick time, OBS, or anything.

Thanks I have actually read your post before and I did make an simuiid but it still didn't solve my problem. Right now I am trying to build this third party google assistant for Mac as a replacement. https://github.com/vanshg/MacAssistant. This is also proving to be a difficult task but hopefully I can figure it out. If I do manage to build a working assistant I will probably write a guide for others having problems with Siri. I would be super happy if someone could help solve my Logitech camera issue though. It is weird that the camera isn't detected but the microphone on my webcam is.

But I Did Say It May Not Work

Yeah that is understandable. Not every solution works. It didn't work for me so I still need to figure something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back