Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi there,

I finished my first build just yesterday. I noticed the sentence from the thread title above in most of your recommended build options. The "PCIe card below" is always the "TP-Link Archer T9E 802.11AC AC1900". I just realized that this card does in fact not contain any bluetooth support. I know I should have checked myself, still this is kind of misleading. I was under the impression I would get Wifi AND bluetooth with this card. If I had known that it is "only" wifi I would have chosen a cheaper option. Is there any supported PCI(e) based bluetooth option? I do not really like USB dongles.

Regards

Nippie

You can Google BCM94360CD, it's a dual Wifi+Bluetooth card, however they are not cheap. I just ordered and took delivery of one off eBay for around $200.00 both Wifi and Bluetooth work just fine.

I will have to live with a dongle compared to spending 200$ ;-)
Which Motherboard are you with?
If it is an ITX MB, I recommend use those BT+WiFi cards from MacBooks with a NGFF adaptor for real native support. They are plug and go.

If you have an ATX MB, I recommend a PCIe adaptor with BT+WiFi cards from MacBooks. I mean it, native MacBook cards are the way to go.

I am sure they cost well under $40.00

Yeah I am returning mine, it didn't turn out to be so great or worth the price. The BT worked, but if I turned off my magic mouse to change batteries, I couldn't get bluetooth to find the mouse again, I had to delete it from bluetooth settings, rediscover it and add it back. Also, login with apple watch doesn't work. The Wifi is nice, but I don't need that kind of Wifi for $200.00

You can Google BCM94360CD, it's a dual Wifi+Bluetooth card, however they are not cheap. I just ordered and took delivery of one off eBay for around $200.00 both Wifi and Bluetooth work just fine.
There is one with BT and Wifi now on Amazon.com. It is not the CD version but a combo card from the MacBook Pro. The CD versions of the BCM94360 are taken from the 2013 iMac. The genuine iMac versions are much more expensive and rare. Probably because iMac owners keep their Macs about twice as long as MacBook owners keep their laptops.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01687RNFS/?tag=tonymacx86com-20 at $140 less money it may be worth looking into if you also need BT. Looks to be plenty of stock and if you are in USA you don't need to wait for it to ship from China.

Screen Shot 9.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, sadly that item is not available on Amazon.ca and your link goes to a BT speaker.

Thanks, sadly that item is not available on Amazon.ca and your link goes to a BT speaker.
When I click the link it goes directly to that card on Amazon.com. Not sure what you are doing to get that. If you are in Canada you can still order from Amazon.com and they will ship to you. May cost a little more.

This is the page the link takes me to.

Screen Shot 10.jpg

I found it on Amazon.com but they don't ship to Canada.

This item does not ship to Canada. Please check other sellers who may ship internationally.

I found it on Amazon.com but they don't ship to Canada.

This item does not ship to Canada. Please check other sellers who may ship internationally.

You can buy your wifi BT card and adapter separately and put them together yourself from what is available on Amazon.ca. One of the compatible MBP cards from 2013/14 would be the most affordable. Do your research first before buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back