CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
MacBook, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi. Im looking around for a new Solid State drive for my Desktop. Ive came across a Western Digital 500GB Solid state drive for a good price also got good reviews. Now I'm wondering has anyone used any western digital SSDs with OS X before? My 128GB SSD from Corsair is getting small for me now after buying it back in 2013.

Thanks.

Jack.

neilhart

Motherboard
ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming - ITX/ac
CPU
i7-7700T
Graphics
GTX960
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi. Im looking around for a new Solid State drive for my Desktop. Ive came across a Western Digital 500GB Solid state drive for a good price also got good reviews. Now I'm wondering has anyone used any western digital SSDs with OS X before? My 128GB SSD from Corsair is getting small for me now after buying it back in 2013.

Thanks.

Jack.
No I have not but always interested in the price per GB ratio. The last 512 GB SSD that I purchased was on a Black Friday sale at $ 0.2246 per GB. My target that I rarely see is twenty cents per GB. The markup on SSDs while getting better is still too high IMHO.

And I also think that the markup on DIMM memory is way out of line.

Good modding,
neil

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
MacBook, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
No I have not but always interested in the price per GB ratio. The last 512 GB SSD that I purchased was on a Black Friday sale at $ 0.2246 per GB. My target that I rarely see is twenty cents per GB. The markup on SSDs while getting better is still too high IMHO.

And I also think that the markup on DIMM memory is way out of line.

Good modding,
neil
I've had Samsung EVO SSDs but they were dead on arrival. I might pick up a WD and see how it goes.

neilhart

Motherboard
ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming - ITX/ac
CPU
i7-7700T
Graphics
GTX960
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I've had Samsung EVO SSDs but they were dead on arrival. I might pick up a WD and see how it goes.
I had purchased an EVO back some time ago and had issues with it... I was about to return it and tried it in a second system that detected the SSD needed initialization... The drive then was completely happy and is still knocking around in one of my project machines.

Good modding,
neil

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
MacBook, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
I had purchased an EVO back some time ago and had issues with it... I was about to return it and tried it in a second system that detected the SSD needed initialization... The drive then was completely happy and is still knocking around in one of my project machines.

Good modding,
neil
The problem i was having with the Samsung EVOs was a SMART problem.