Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

It's been a while since I've posted! All has been well since I built my housemate's Hack, but he's come across a problem I've never heard of before!

His machine now kernel panics and spits up an error which states:

Waves SoundGrid: Error getting list of Ethernet Interfaces: 6

His machine was working fine with this audio plugin for a while now and it's only starting to play up. I've tried turning off the Ethernet settings within the BIOs but to no avail!

Does anyone know of a workaround or even a fix for this? Could this be a potential problem with the IONetworkingFamily kext file?

Also, I'm unable to boot into Safe Mode, which is a problem if I need to fix anything!

I've made a backup of the kexts in case I need to modify anything and everything else is backed up!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Have you been able to solve this issue? I'm getting the same errors on boot in verbose mode. Not sure how to get rid of this.

Edit: Seems like I found the kernel that was causing the errors on boot for me.

Go to: System/Library/Extensions/ and delete SoundGrid.kext.

Launch MultiBeast and click "System Utilities" to repair permission/rebuild kexts. I also noticed there's LaunchDaemons for SoundGrid as well, I didn't need to remove these to fix it, but I'm going to delete them anyways as I'm never going to use this feature from Waves.

Go to: Library/LaunchDaemons/ and delete com.waves.daemon.SoundGridProtocolService.

I also had tried deleting the complete folder in Applications called SoundGrid, seems like it hasn't broken any of the Waves plugins but I haven't done much testing to know 100%. :p

Maybe some ethernet kexts does not work. You may use "kext-dev-mode=1" flag, that is needed by such kexts as RTL81xx or R1000SL, that enable Lan Controller on your hack. My issue was to use that kernel flag.

I have this same issue but my system boots fine and all my waves work perfectly. I'm going to try what bry says and see if it works.

I've installed the latest nvidia drivers and suddenly this is happening to me.
Can't load past apple screen.
I've removed the soundgrid.kext but now it halts at

**** [IOBluetoothFamily][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] == Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

Last edited:
Hey Guys I know the problem issue, and I understand that the post about it is very old, but anyway I want to share how I solved maybe somone wil need it))). After Waves Installation you just need to delete inside Library/Preferences/WavesPreferences which is some kind of network settings for SounGrid, so finally just delete hole folder WavesPreferences and also delete the Networkinterfaces.plist inside SystemConfiguration Folder. and don't forget to delete all network connections in system setting/network after that just restart the system thats it!!! Good Hack)))))

Hey Guys I know the problem issue, and I understand that the post about it is very old, but anyway I want to share how I solved maybe somone wil need it))). After Waves Installation you just need to delete inside Library/Preferences/WavesPreferences which is some kind of network settings for SounGrid, so finally just delete hole folder WavesPreferences and also delete the Networkinterfaces.plist inside SystemConfiguration Folder. and don't forget to delete all network connections in system setting/network after that just restart the system thats it!!! Good Hack)))))

Hey Mini,
I know this was posted a while ago but how do I go about deleting those files if I can’t boot into the OS to acces the files or the command prompt?

@DanHalen86, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back